58.

Karin Mendez

I brushed my hair out of my face and blew out a frustrating breath

I brushed my hair out of my face and blew out a frustrating breath. I placed my hand on my chest and let it rest there.

A lot was on my mind and it kept me up all night. You know what happens when something is on your mind, you can't sleep. Overthinking was my worst enemy.

I stood up most nights sleepless. I was stuck with my decisions and I needed advice. I needed someone to give me advice but then again it wasn't safe. I didn't want anyone to judge me because I'm in a fucked up situation.

My dad warned me once to stay away from Chad but I didn't listen. Hell, Christian warned me, basically threatened me.

He knew who Chad really was and I ignored the signs being the stupid child I am. But I know there's more to the story about him. He doesn't act like that on purpose or just try to be down. Something is going on with him and I can't seem to put my finger on it.

He was my friend before we became boyfriend and girlfriend. After that we became parents which made me attach to him more.

I never did stop loving Chad because he was the first to help me experience what love was. Breakups hurt, but losing someone who doesn't respect you is actually a gain, not a loss.

Till this day I still don't know his reason for cheating on me. I supported him, loved him, and did nothing but play my role as his girlfriend.

But I'm lowkey glad he did that because I would've never met Ron. I feel like Ron is so much more than my boyfriend. Well apparently I have to thank my daddy for him.

He came into my life giving nothing but love, support, care and no drama. That's ever girls dream boyfriend instead of fighting his baby mama or crazy ex. Chad is the type of nigga to watch his baby mamas fight and watch.

I love them both but I know I love one more than I love the other. This man keeps me sane and I want to spend the rest of my life with him.

I'm going to follow my first instinct which is telling me to go with him.

A car horn knocked me out my thoughts making me shake my head. I turned off all the lights and collected my keys.

"Don't be blowing at me. I ain't no hoe." I gave her the middle finger.

"Ha, ha, ha." She said raising her eyebrows at me before pulling off.

"What are we going to the mall for?" I asked laying my head back.

"What else do you do at the mall dummy? I really wanted to look at baby clothes because I'm excited." Lala squealed looking at my stomach.

"You're more excited then I am." I bit my lip.

"Well you better turn the fuck up because we're not about to be acting like this. Did you tell Ron?"

"I- uh I wanna lay low about this for a while. I just want you to know." I looked at her and she raised her eyebrows but nodded.