PROLOGUE

Edited by JacquelynMater

Jordan

"Hey, I never said I liked this job, James. I'm just doing it to help pay for college and rent." I said while picking up some plates and the tips the customers left.

"I know baby girl. I'm doing two jobs to help my 5 year old girl to have nice clothes and food in her stomach. It's just the boss who doesn't think about us very much." James said. James has been working here before me for 5 years as the chef. He has a beautiful wife named Ajah
(Sounds like Asia) and a gorgeous 5 year old girl named Bell.

"Yeah. I know. I just wish she did. I wish she knew how we are both struggling, and everyone else here." I said while turning the open sign to close and grabbing the dirty dishes, then placing them in the sink.

"I got it baby girl. You go home." He said while trying to push me away from the sink.

"No, James. You are always the last one who cleans up. Let me. You go home and say 'hi' to Ajah and Bell for me."

He looked at me with a sad face but then saw I wasn't going to back down. He sighed then nodded.

"Okay. Are you su-"

"Yes, James. Go. We have the day off tomorrow. Go start it right now."

"Okay. Just please be careful while walking home." He said while placing a kiss on the side of my head and putting his apron on the rack.

"I will."

"Bye baby girl."

"Bye James. Be careful."

"I will." I heard him yell from outside already.

I finished with the dishes and placed them on the drying racks. Then I took off my apron and hung it next to James'.

I grabbed my belongings from my locker and headed out the door. I locked up and started to walk down the street until I heard people screaming and heard someone yell "Bones."

I've always wanted to see a street fight, so I started to pick up my speed. I followed the cheers but I wasn't paying attention to where I was going, because I was looking at the alleys I was passing to see the fight, and bumped right into a wall.

I landed on my ass and looked up to see someone putting on their sweater.

"Fuck. Watch where you're going!" I said while getting up and looking at beautiful blue eyes.

***

Like it so far? Anyway, just a little preview on the book.

Book IG: friesbeforeguy101

Anyways see you guys soon!!
SS

Anyways see you guys soon!!SS