TWENTY-THREE

Jordan

"No." I whispered while I whipped my eyes and while I was trying to control my breathing back to normal.

"I can't." I whispered again and I bent down to pick up the eggs.

I started to breathe harder and I was quickly picking up the eggs and slamming them down on the carton. He placed his hand on my wrist and I flinched away. I dropped the eggs once again and cried.

He pulled me into his chest and I cried while I held on to his shirt with shaky hands. He rubbed my back while saying soothing words into my ear.

He carried me onto his lap and rocked back and forth. I slowly started to calm down but I didn't stop crying. All those memories would never go away.
Ever.

He got up and carried me to the couch and sat down while I straddle his waist and I buried my face in his neck.

"Please don't let them get me." I croak out while sobbing more.

His hold on me tighten as he brought me even closer to his chest.

"I would never let them come after you again. If they do, it won't even be a second before I have my hands around their neck and watching the life in their eyes go away."

"Just please, don't let them come for me. I-I-I...Just please Jaxon." I said while my voice was barely hearable.

"I won't let them get you. Ever.
That would never happen again."

****

I went to the kitchen and went to go pick up the mess but I see Landon already with a rag and cleaning up the yolk.

I whipped my eyes and walked to the cabinet and grabbed a glass and I filled it with some water and drank it in one gulp.

I placed the glass in the sink and walked over to Landon and wrapped my arms around his waist and I laid my head on his back.

"Thank you for not giving up on me. You and Jaxon." I said while shutting my eyes.

He turned around and I wrapped my arms around his waist and laid my head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around my back and waist and laid his chin on top of my head. "I would never give up on you." He whispered.

I sighed and I hugged him harder. He kissed the top of my head and we stayed like this for awhile.

****

I didn't eat, instead I went up stairs to Jaxons room and walked in the bathroom. I heated up the water till it filled the tub almost to the edge of it. I stripped out of my clothes and I didn't even look in the mirror because I already know if I did I would be reminded of how they touched me.

I walked in and sat down and I felt all my tense muscles relax when they hit the warm water. I sighed in relief and closed my eyes. I laid my head on the shower wall and I didn't dare to move.

I laid there for five minutes till I started to wash my body.

The tub was once clear but now was a musty brown. I was disgusted of how dirty I was and I wounded how bad I smelled.