FORTY-FOUR

Jordan

It happened so fast that I didn't even know it happen.

My mind was everywhere.

I couldn't even process it.

I dropped to the ground covering myself and holding my stomach where it hit me.

I was the one who shot.

I look up and see Landon pale. He looks at me with wide eyes then staring at his hand that held the gun. His whole body is shaking. He opens and closes his mouth, blinking a couple of times, trying to process that he pulled the trigger.

Landon shot me.

He missed Sañtiago.

I looked at my stomach and see blood seeking  through my jumper and I look over to Jaxon and see him punching his uncle and punching Sañtiago in his jaw. He would look at me but then end up getting punch. Maria is fighting off Alfonso which has a gun and trying to aim it at Jaxon.

I gasp when I feel pain shot through me.

"L-Landon."

He looks terrified. His eyes tear and he's breathing hard.

"Lan-ndon."

"I-I-"

"Shhh, it's okay." I say trying to comfort him.

The tears fall down his face and he slowly starts to let go of the gun.

"No, Landon. Go help Jaxon. I'm okay. Im okay. He needs you. I'm okay. Go." I say in a soft voice trying to mask the pain in my voice. He looks over to Jaxon then back at me.

I give him a shy smile,"go. I'm okay."

He opens and closes his mouth but that's when the next bullet comes. Alfonso misses Jaxon but hit Alberto's arm. He yells in pain while Jaxon punches him.

Landon looks at me one last time and then takes off to Jaxon.

I breathe in and out. I lay down staring at this wood ceiling. Watching dust fly around. Their yelling are muffles to me.

I pick up my hands see them soaked with blood.

I chuckle.

I place them back on my stomach and I can't really feel them on it. I search around for the hole and find it. It's pretty deep. I bring in my eyebrows together and push my finger in the hole.

I bite my lip from making any noise and feel the warm bullet. I bite my lip harder and push two fingers in. I pick up my head and see blood gushing out and I taste blood so I know I bit through my lip but I can't seem to feel pain. I can't even feel the pain my fingers are causing.

My finger tips wrap around the bullet and I start to pull.

I can feel pressure but I can't feel pain.

What the heck man.

Why can't I feel pain?

I look at my finger tugging on that fûckin thing and blood continues to make a puddle on the wood surrounding me.

I yank and tug and that's when I hear mushy sounds from the wound. I yank one last time and there comes the nice shiny red bullet.