FIFTY-SIX

Jordan

"Stay Jordan!! Please!!!" He said while he got on his knees and wrapped his arms around my legs.

"Greyson. Stop. I don't have a job, no work, no place to stay at, and I'm out of collage. I need to go back." I said while I tried walking towards the front door.

"Jordan!! You can stay here like right now! Don't go back there!! We left because we wanted too!!! Don't let him make you leave! You have a future here! Just take your semester  in the summer! It's already going to be winter here, and you always said you wanted to see the snow! So now's yours chance! Please Jordan! We can start from the bottom again! Like before! Please Jordan! I'm sure James would convince that bîtch of a boss to hire you back in! Please Jordan!" He said on my legs.

I stop moving and looked down at him.  He looks up at me with glossy eyes. "Please Jordan. You work so hard in high school to get here. Don't quit now."

Now my eyes are starting to get glossy, "it's just h-hard Grey-Greyson. I don't thi-ink I would fi-nd my self in th-is." I run my hand through my hair while I hiccup. I cover my stomach because that trigger a pain towards the stitches.

"And all because of t-that fi-ght I went to." I said while I let my head hang low.

I felt him get up and hug me tight in his chest. I sobbed on his chest and he cried with me.

*****

I sat on his bed while he was behind me fish tailing my hair.

"Gr-Greyson?"

"Mhmm."

"You- you know, when I said don't come in the room at the hospital."

"Mhmhm."

"I-I took and shower and when I came out and laid right back down on the bed...one of the doctors came in....and said..." my eyes teared up just thinking about it.

I tried breathing out but it came out as a hiccup. "What happen Jordan?" I felt the bed dip and I see him in front of me, kneeling in front of me. I wipe my eyes and tried to continue.

"He sai-id that since I h-had surgery and all that....he....while he was doing surgery....he said....my..." I hiccup even more. I look up trying to stop the tears.

"What happen Jordan? What did he say?"

"My...uterus was carrying....was carrying a fetus....but my body re-rejected it...and he said....he sa-aid....when I got kicked there my u-uterus teared and i-it got infec-ted..." I sobbed even more and this time he pulled me in a tight hug. I sobbed and held tightly around his neck. I heard him take in deep breaths, trying to control his tears.

A good twenty minutes passed, just us crying on each other's shoulder.

I calmed down, but still trying to control my hiccups.

"It got infected, and he had no choice to cut it out." I whispered softly on his neck. I closed my eyes, "he said the fetus already died, and my uterus was so badly infected from the tear, he had too. He said if he left in and try to make my body heal it on its own, I would've died because I was to weak." I whispered while I closed my eyes tight so no tears can fall.
"I can't have a child of my own."  

That's what it took. My dam I was making for my tears just broke and that's when I sobbed.

That was the first time I said it out loud.