1.

I sigh happily, looking at them from across the campus.

"Alex, did you hear what I said?" Elizabeth snaps her fingers in front of my face.

I blink twice before answering. "Uh, yeah, sure."

She rolls her eyes. "Okay, well anyway, how about we go shopping at the mall this weekend? I'm in desperate need of new clothes- I can't stand these baggy old pieces of shit!"

Louis is going to be there this weekend. Perfect! I could bump into him or something and then he'll look me straight into the eyes and fall in love with me. Right? Isn't that how love works? I mean, that's how it is in movies. I'm just a girl who's been in love with the same person for the past four years. He's never even noticed me before. Doesn't know my name, and doesn't know I exist. How lucky am I?

But I still have hope that'll change.

"Sounds great." I say at the same time that Brendon walks in our conversation.

"Yo, Urie," Lizzie flicks her head in a greeting manner.

"Sup," He replies, draping his arm over the both of us. "I got in big time trouble with Mrs. Flores today."

I roll my eyes. "When are you not in trouble?"

My breath hitches in my throat when I see Louis and his 'crew' walking past us. I quickly remove Brendon's arm and stand up straighter. But as usual, he walks past me with no engagement. Not even a simple glance.

"Another day goes by, and another-"

"Brendon!" Lizzie shushes him. I sigh, knowing what Brendon was going to imply.

I'm such a screwup.

"It's okay. He's right." I say.

"Aw, don't give up, honey!" She smiles. "Dreams come true without even knowing."

"Where'd you get that quote from?" I snort.

"Um, excuse you but I actually said this quote." She pouts.

Brendon pokes her cheek and she gives him a playful glare. "Sure you did, honey."

"Okay, so I got it from a movie- but so what? Not like anybody has watched this movie so I can practically call the quote mine. . ." And they keep talking, but my ears automatically tune them out.

I can't stop thinking about how Louis looks today. I mean, he looks hot everyday, but today he looks extra hot. His soft, think pink lips were curled in and he gave a small lick of his lips when he walked by me. Can that mean something?

I start feeling all giddy inside but that soon goes away when I remind myself that he didn't glance at me. Not even once. He didn't know I was there. The usual.

"Alex, this is our last year in High School, and for the past four years, you've been thinking about nobody but him." Elizabeth interrupts my thoughts.

"It'll happen this year." I try convincing everyone, including myself. "It has to happen this year."

"I bet she even applied at the same college as him," Brendon snorts and my cheeks burn in embarrassment.

"Oh, honey, please tell me you didn't." Lizzie's eyes widen. I give a shrug and look down.

"I mean, it's a nice college. . ." I trail off and her palm hits her forehead.

I suddenly feel so stupid, and around my two best friends who I've basically known all elementary school.

"You know, I actually like his tattoos and piercings," Brendon says. He also has tattoos, but most of them are just random crap he wanted to get such as the huge piano and the random man. There's no meaning behind it because he says he'll 'make one'.