40.

vote??>.>

"So I literally bought these balloons for nothing?" I shake my head in disbelief.

Brendon nods and tilts his head. "You can use them for your own use?"

Since Patrick's birthday is in two days and we all decided he needs the best eighteenth birthday party ever, I gave everyone jobs to buy stuff. I went out to buy balloons, Brendon was going to order the cake and Elizabeth was going to decide the theme. Sarah's job was to stall but it didn't last long when she came to tell all of us that Patrick's parents had planned a surprise trip for him all the way in Italy and he was leaving tonight.

I throw the pack at him and click my tongue. "I try to do something nice, and they're not even going to be here."

Elizabeth whistles slowly. "Does that mean we get to eat the cake?"

Shrugging, Brendon ties a balloon to Lizzie's hair and she looks at him with a 'done' face. You know, those scary 'done' faces where you're just done with life because same. "Brendon, what's this?"

He grins and sings out a, "It matches your eyes."

She rolls her eyes in an attempt to not show any emotion and starts playing with her hands. My heart feels for her, really. I remember when I used to feel this way in year six with this huge pre-teen crush thing.

Yes, sixth year. I had a crush on someone who liked someone else and I would always try to play it off cool. Fortunately, I lost interest in him when I realized that he was really nothing more than just a boy who has good grades, is very kind to everyone, and is way too mature for me.

I guess I always liked jerks from the start. I blame fanfiction.

Anyway, sixth 'grade' couples are cringey. Sorry, not sorry. Honey, you have a whole life in front of you, wait til you reach year nine.

Elizabeth then grabs another balloon and ties it to his wrist. "It matches your eyes."

I take the rest of the balloons and low-key leave the parking lot in my car. They're too busy fooling around to notice, so I just decide to head home and when they text me angrily later asking where I went, I'll just tell them that I almost died and they should be grateful that I made it home safe.

While I drive the car through the city, I find a store that catches my eye. Ooo, band merch! Welp, I might as well buy something. So I find a parking spot in hopes that my father's car won't get towed like Brendon's did. Speaking of which, he never got his car back. I guess he just didn't bother to contact them or go to the car place the next day, so he uses his brother's car. 

This part of the city used to be my favourite but only because of the ice cream parlour. I loved anything that would include junk food as a teenager, and that's when my father started to point out that I was about to go chubby. I didn't stop, but I did start taking bike riding more seriously. And that's when my obsession with listening to music anywhere I go started. Honestly, I never thought anybody could be addicted to music. Until I met me... 

Sighing, I get out of the car and make sure to lock it. Last time I didn't lock it, I found Brendon and Sarah making out inside. The ride back wasn't as awkward for them as it was for me, but can you really blame me? I was somewhat innocent back then. 

I'm about to walk to the store when I see something. Is that...Is that Louis? Something drops in my stomach and I suddenly feel the urge to hide, but also to follow him. What should I do? What is he doing out here? I thought he never goes out? When I finally decide to just go into the store and find some other time to talk to him, I see another person come out and secretly hand Louis something. They talk for a bit before the other guy pulls a hoodie over his head and starts walking the other way, leaving Louis standing there staring at his hands.