BONUS CHAPTER

a/n: this chapter really doesn't have anything to do with the story itself, but READ IT! It's from Jenna's POV (i made a deal with someone) and it's going to be super entertaining :) plus, you'll get to see more of Patrick's character through someone who sees him as more than just a friend. 

Jenna wakes up with a fall to the ground. She's used to it, though. Every morning, it's the same routine. Fall, wake up, go to the bathroom, eat breakfast and out the door, she goes. 

After doing her normal morning procedure, Jenna gets ready to step outside. It's a weekend, so might as well go for a walk around the neighbourhood. 

"Jenna!" Her mum calls. 

"Yes, Mother," Jenna says back. She probably wants something. 

"If you're going out, can you buy me something?" 

--

Jenna reaches the store. Unfortunately, she had spent all her own money on art supplies she never ends up using, so her mother decided to be generous by giving her£20 to spend on fudgesicles. Honestly, Jenna hates fudgesicles but her mum's a huge fan of them. She could literally go days only eating them.

Okay, Jenna. You need fudgesicles. Go find them.

She begins walking around the large store, sighing when she walks through aisles and not finding anything. How does her mother spot the boxes so easily?

Jenna turns around to see someone working with their back turned. Deciding to finally take off the headphones she's wearing and ask him, she pokes his back. Cause you know, poking is fun. Except when people poke you on Facebook- that's annoying as hell. 

Jenna's eyes squint to see if she's really seeing the person she's seeing. 

"Hey, Jenna," Patrick says with a slight smile. If he didn't know how to keep his cool, he'd be flushing really bad. Working at a grocery store was his secret side job that he did for the extra cash. Also because running into Jenna isn't the worst of things to ever happen to him... 

"Hi!" Jenna says with a huge blush. She can't help it- she's so pale, her whole face flames with pink and red colours. Mentally cursing at herself for sounding so enthusiastic and loud, she sharply inhaled. "I-I just need to-...Do you know where the fudgesicles are? I've looked literally everywhere but I can't find anything." 

Oh, God. Jenna brings her hands behind her back and pinches them. The stutter was real and that was embarrassing

"Well, I'd assume they're in the freezers with the rest of the ice-cream-type things, but I could be wrong if you've checked and they aren't there." Patrick scratches the back of his neck and pulls out another box from the big cart he was working with. 

Of course, they'd be in the freezer. Her whole face goes red again and she shakes her head. 

"I'll go check again," She waves off.  "Thanks." 

They stand there for a couple seconds before Patrick looks up at her with squinted eyes. 

"Can we talk sometime?" He blurts. "I mean...like, we've done, you know, things before but we've never really talked. Maybe we could?"

Jenna stays silent for a minute. She really doesn't want to sound stupid at a moment like this. That'd be even more embarrassing. 

"Sure," She ends up saying while cocking her head to the side. "You have my number. Just text me everything." 

Patrick smiles. "Cool. See ya, then." 

a vote for part 2?