13.

"Alexandra Hamptons! I'm so disappointed in you." Elizabeth baffles as Louis sighs.

"Keep her out of my room- even house, that's fine- yeah?" I shake my head and Louis glares at me. "Oh, for fu-"

Flora comes and rests a hand on both of our shoulders, a big smile playing on her face. "Found you two!" She giggles. "Since I trust nobody else here- no offence, Elizabeth- I need you two to go and hand out the bottles to the men outside. Oh, and the scones."

Elizabeth shakes her head with a smile and Louis rolls his eyes. "I don't know if anybody is trust-worthy here with the alcohol."

I glare at him. "Please, you've-"

Flora claps her hands and this time Elizabeth rolls her eyes. I don't know why she's still here. And honestly, I don't even know how I found the courage to even glare at him when I can't even look at him without blushing. Maybe it's the alcohol, or maybe because it's been so long, I'm just tired of waiting for him. Especially when he's such an asshole.

Yeah, I think it's the alcohol, too.

"Let's go, let's go, let's go!" Flora hands us trays and pushes us out the backyard doors.

All the men are just in a distance from us. Since it's a really big backyard, (well duh, they're rich as fug), everyone's divided themselves. Some are smoking in a corner, some are all huddled with the unlit fireplace. I mean, it is just afternoon so no need to have the fireplace on outside. Some of the men are just sitting around tables and laughing about some stupid joke and then there's me and Louis.

"There's like, hundreds of them." I gulp, my hands shaking. Not because I'm scared, but because I know I'm about to drop the tray any second. The wine's really affecting me and my head's getting dizzy. "Dude, I'm like about to fall-" I shake my head. "Do you even know any of them?"

Louis sighs, his glance coming to me shooting me a glare, before looking back at all the people and shaking his head. "Wish I could say I did. Never met any of them- oh, Jesus!" He breathes in right when my tray is about to tip over.

"I got it! I got it, it's all good." I flash him a smile.

"Those are expensive bottles. They're the only best in probably the continent. If you break them because you decided you were old enough to get drunk, then you'll pay-"

I step on his foot weakly mainly because I didn't want to drop my tray. "I am old enough, and I will not drop this tray. Okay?"

Not okay. I'm totally going to fall over.

"I hope you realize your pupils are dilated to the maximum. You're going to break the glass." Louis says. I then notice that the tray is made of glass. Ah, shit, even better.

We start walking around the place and handing bottles to all the men, most of them probably being over the age of forty. This is really uncomfortable for me. Even the drunk me.

Honestly, this isn't the first time I've been drunk. Once this year and accidentally twice last year. The first time I got drunk was when I fifteen- turning sixteen in about a month or two- and I was home alone. My mom's unfinished vodka was on the table, and I'd never really gotten more than a sip before, so I decided to finish it for her.

Still don't know how they didn't figure out I was completely drunk. I literally ran down the street yelling all sorts of things.

Yes, I do get drunk easily, thanks.

"Thanks, doll," A man winks at me and I legit almost throw up right there and then. I stare at him in shock and step on his foot.

"Excuse you? You can't call me doll- I'm a real human being! I'm living! Don't you see me breathing?" I breathe heavily in his face and this man has the audacity to widen his eyes at me. "That's right, mister. I bet you're surprised, aren't you?" I make a popping sound with my lips and Louis quickly rushes over to this situation with a slight scowl on his face. He grabs my arm and pulls me away, an apologizing look towards the men. "Oh, no, Louis. Let go- or not, either's fine- I'm not done with these...boys."

He sighs. "Yes you are, Alice."

I huff at that and he sits me down as soon as we enter inside.

"What are you, a fucking five year old?!" Wow, Louis really went at me, mate. "Alex, that was...that was actually-" I don't know how or why, but his face softens and his lips curve into a small smile. All the anger and disappointment in his eyes vanishes and the light blue swirls back into his grey eyes. Louis lets out a breathy chuckle. My heart flutters and I suppress my smile. This is literally all I've wanted. "-kinda funny."

Louis takes his lip ring in between his teeth as he lets out laughs I've been longing to hear. And I'm the cause of it. Honestly, this feels amazayn like do you hear me screeching?

I begin to grin along and giggle a bit. I really don't know what's going on, so I'm just going to...you know.

"I really don't know what's happening right now," I giggle and Louis just shakes his head, but still chuckling a bitಠʖ̯ಠ.

Flora skips over to us and her smile falters. "You guys aren't done handing them out? Aw, I had more jobs for you two."

Louis clicks his tongue and shakes his head. "Sorry Mum, don't think we'll be doing anymore of that."

She frowns and her eyebrows furrow. "But why?..." I guess she must've caught on to the wrong thing because as soon as she looks outside to the backyard, her facial expression changes into a knowing one and she giggles. "They're all going to grow beer bellys, if they don't have one already."

~*~

Yesterday, the day after the event, was such a stressful day for me because I didn't know what to think of Louis. In the four years I've liked him, I've only heard him laugh twice, whether it be genuine or not. He's smiled a lot- most of them obviously being fake- but a laugh is something way more precious, especially when it's Louis'.

I explained it to Elizabeth and Sarah and they both said that I'm getting a start somewhere, but to not be surprised if Louis suddenly acts like him old self and act as if that never happened. I said I wouldn't, but I already stupidly got my hopes up really high.

So today, because it's a Monday, we have school again and honestly I'm really looking forward to hop into Brendon's car and drive off and see his face again.

a/n: that ending tho lmao i kinda rushed it SORREH HARREH SO YAY I FINALLY DECIDED TO GET THEM SOMEWHERE HOPE YOU LIKED IT!!