48.

i.

am.

so.

sorry.

for.

not.

updating.

I wake up and for a couple of minutes, in my tired state of mind, I forget all the events of the past night. Everything just escapes my mind as I stare dumbly at the ceiling, forgetting all life problems. Well, basically forgetting everything.

What's happening again?

When the memories start coming back, though, a smile starts growing on my face and I begin to stretch feeling good. Probably one of the best nights of my life, to be honest. You'd say the same thing if you were in my position.

But when my eyes trail over to the loud clock, my smile fades away for a few reasons.

I forgot time exists and time sucks.I can't get my hopes up too high or else they always seem to crash.My mother's passing day is tomorrow.

So forcing myself to get out of bed, I lazily walk over to my phone and am about to check my phone for all the non-existent notifications, when I remember once again I don't have a phone.

I don't even know why I bother stress to check my phone when I wake up, I never get any texts or emails to worry about. Or in this case, I get nothing in general.

After doing business in the bathroom, I walk downstairs to the kitchen and meet my father.

"Morning, Dad," I say. He groans back in response and my immediate reaction is to make a face at him. "Well, thanks."

When Father doesn't say anything back, I sit at the table with my bowl of cereal. "Is something up?" He remains quiet. I roll my eyes and lean back in the chair. "Wow, great conversation we're having."

"Alex," He says in a tone where he's basically saying I-Want-To-Be-Alone-Leave-Like-Now.

"Dad," I say back. He gives me a stern look and I put my hands up. "Okay, okay. I'm going to go bother Patrick. I'll be back in a couple hours." I'm about to leave but then I remember. "Oh, also, I need a new phone. You wouldn't have a spare one by any chonce, would you?"

~*~

After a long hangout session with Patrick which included him talking about his new girlfriend a lot, I decided to ask if we could do a practice today while the kids are in school. Elizabeth didn't come today to help with Parker's class, but that's okay because I got plenty of help from Parker himself.

The performance is happening in approximately two weeks. Because we're running out of time and I'm being the lazy ass I am, the kids are doing a musical performance instead of a whole play. The teacher's agreed that the play would be maybe a bit over the top, as well, so a simple song would and that's also great because we only have a song.

I guess I never realized how big this performance is actually going go to be because after hearing what all the teacher's said, I'm actually stressed about this showcase.

"Oh, yeah, a bunch of office people are coming to watch this. We're renting out the whole sports stadium of the school next to ours!"

A groan escapes my lips just from the thought of it again and Parker looks over at me. The slight annoyance in his facial features almost reminds me of Louis. I don't really get to appreciate the resemblance between the two brothers.