26.

"Nice," He pops his lips and a small smirk grows on his face. My face heats up.

Well, this isn't how I expected things to go.

"But how about next time, you fall on your face," Louis takes a deep breath. "I've been there, done that. It doesn't hurt as much as you would think."

My eyes narrow. Louis, no. Louis...what are you doing?

I sigh. "You won't remember this, right?"

"Of course, I will," Louis shrugs. "I'm not even that high. And plus, you remember once you're out of that 'state', anyway."

Not that high, but high enough for me to bang?

Honestly, I'm not even as embarrassed as I usually would be. It's probably because I've already done so many things to humiliate myself in front of him with, and also probably because he's kind of being chill about it.

"When you do a double take of that fall, let me know, yeah?"

Never mind.

Rolling my eyes slightly, I slowly stand up.

I just realized that I've never really thought about Louis doing drugs before. Does he take drugs? I mean, I guess he has his reasons to. Just like he has his reasons to smoke. I've never seen Louis drunk or drinking, but I wonder if he does that, too.

Come to think of it, there's a lot of things that I just never think about Louis doing. Which gets me thinking; what do I really know about Louis? I know his name, all his favourite bands, favourite sports, got his phone number, know his family...but do I know Louis?

Aww, come on. This is upsetting me all over again. No wonder why Louis won't even come close to me. I literally am just some obsessed freak. I was really hoping that wasn't true, but oh well. Aren't we all obsessed freaks? We're all obsessed with something, don't deny it.

"I'll be sure to call you right the second I'm about to hit the floor." I nod sarcastically.

Louis half smiles. I've never seen Louis this chill before. This marijuana is doing me well. Usually, he's so cranky especially around me. The only time I actually saw him show genuine emotions was probably with Sara and Ayesha. Still shocks me how they've been best friends this whole time.

"I've got to go. Nice seeing you fall, though," He turns the other way. "Bye, Alice."

I open my mouth and I'm about to say Alex but he gives me a last glance and cuts me off.

"I call you Alice, okay? Don't correct me. It's my thing."

"So I can call you Llama?"

"Absolutely not."

~*~

I wake up. Aw, dammit. I woke up. I was having the best dream ever. It was where me and Louis were spider monkeys but we were madly in love and we had our own monkey island that we ruled.

It didn't look so strange when I was dreaming...

Getting out of bed and doing my normal morning routine, something hits me. My pillow.

"Ouch," I mutter while rubbing my head. It really didn't hurt. Saying 'ow' or 'ouch' is just a habit.

Dad smiles crookedly. "Whoops. Brendon's downstairs. He's done his breakfast before you've even started."

I raise my eyebrows. "Brendon had breakfast here? Is Sarah here, too?"

"Mm, just Brendon. Hurry up." He walks to his room.

Well, then. Brendon being here especially for breakfast is weird. He usually only texts me when he's outside in the driveway waiting for me. There was no warning.

Grabbing my binders and textbooks from last night's 'studying', I walk downstairs and walk into the kitchen to be greeted by Brendon. He nods a salute and in return, my eyebrows furrow.

"Hi?"

"Yo," He says while opening his phone.

I walk around the table and sit on a stool. "Where's Sarah?"

"Sick. She has strep throat again," Brendon closes his phone and looks up at me. "My parents also had found out what happened yesterday...and so I'm grounded."

My lips purse. "And you came here?"

"Your dad's cooking is lit," He grins.

We both talk for a little while before deciding that it's time to get to school. I sat in the front seat which was great. Usually, Sarah or Patrick always sit in the front and I always end up getting stuck in the back seat so it's my first time. BMW's are actually ace. Today, they really probed themselves. Ha! Take that, Mercedes.

As soon as we get to school, Elizabeth and Patrick immediately rush over to us.

"Did you hear the news?" Lizzie smiles weirdly.

Brendon and I shake our heads.

"The graduation prom is apparently being held at this huge conference center. The biggest one in the city! They said they might even do it in London- if the board of education lets our school. It's their consult, right?" She asks but then shrugs.

Brendon raises his eyebrows and twists his lips while nodding. "That's cool. How do you guys know?"

"The whole school's talking about it. Sarah originally texted me, though," Patrick says. "Elizabeth went through the messages and that's when we heard other rumours spread around. But anyway, I need to talk to Alex."

"Me?" I say.

"Yeah, let's go."

We both start walking to the abandoned hallway and he claps his hands. Should I be scared or this is completely normal for Patrick?

"You know that girl I hang out with from time to time, right?" Patrick breathes out.

I nod. "Jenna, right?"

"Yeah. I'm planning to ask her out on a proper date. Do you think I should?"

This is what he's stressing about? Oh, Patrick. It's just a date! How hard can it be to ask someone out on a date? Oh...okay, well Louis' a different story. And plus, Patrick's the one who's supposed to make the move here.

"Of course, Patty-Cakes." I click my tongue. "You both seem into each other. Why are you stressing? You've literally had sex with her."

He shrugs. "I don't know...I'm just kinda worried?"

I put a hand on his shoulder. "Well, don't be. There's no need to be. Tell me when you ask her, yeah?"

He nods and grins. "Thanks, Alex. I'll let you know at lunch."

If only it was that easy for me to ask Louis out like that.