6.

A/N: OKAY THIS CHAPTER, AND THE NEXT ARE KINDA FILLER ONES CAUSE THESE ARE THE STARTERS FOR SOMETHING INTERESTING!

A week had passed, and everyone forgot about the new death. School is running normally, and the funeral was two days ago. I didn't go. But it seems as if the whole school did. Mrs. Tomlinson hasn't asked me back for babysitting yet and I'm happy with that. I've been staying away from Louis like he's asked me, too. Brendon and I also have started on our exam studying- since it's only, like, two weeks away. Things are good.

Elizabeth grabs my wrist and drags me down the hallway.

"Ow, Lizzie, that's a tight grip," I whine. "What happened?"

She pulls out a flyer from her bag and uncrumples it. I stare at it and shrug. It's a flyer for the big school play that happens at the end of the last semester every year. It's not a big deal.

"I heard Louis' going to be in it. You should try out!" She grins and I immediately roll my eyes.

"Come on, Elizabeth. This isn't a cliché movie. Yes, we all know Louis tries out in all the school plays, but that doesn't mean I'm good at acting. When Louis falls for me, I want it to be an extraordinary experience- you know?" I sigh at the thought of it. It just feels so far away.

She licks her dry lips and then curls them into a half smile. "Okie, so you're super bad at acting. What about lights or whatever? Costume designing?"

I shrug and start walking back, Elizabeth beside me. "Louis acts, sings, also plays piano- speaking of which, I have my huge piano recital coming up. You're coming, right?"

"When is it?"

"Friday. As in this Friday. . .which, you know, just so happens to be tomorrow." Piano has always been a great talent of mine. I was self taught up til the eight grade, when my mom decided it was finally a good idea into putting me for lessons. I never enjoyed the lessons as much as I did learning by myself, but I can't imagine myself without the classes.

All of the sudden, Brendon comes out of nowhere and walks in between us.

"Guess who just passed a test with a hundred percent," He whistles.

"No way, Brendon. Congrats," I chuckle. "You're coming, too, right?"

He purses his lips. "The piano recital? I will most definitely be there, yes. Sarah and Patrick will also."

I nod with a smile. "Great."

We all walk back to the parking lot and into Brendon's car. Since he always drives us and probably always will, it's become a habit of always knowing where his car is. Last year, I took my drivers test but horribly failed. How was I supposed to know that you were supposed to press on the brakes at all stopped positions? And, geez, don't even get me started on Elizabeth's test. That was just a nightmare. Not exaggerating.

Brendon drops me off and I wave at the two goodbye before entering the house. It smells. . .different?

"Afternoon, Dad!" I yell.

"Get in the kitchen, Lexie." He sounds excited. I shrug to myself and set down my bag.

"What's up?" I ask, taking a bite of his already bitten apple. "You're cooking soup? That's a first."

"For your recital tomorrow. I need you to test it. Here, take a spoon. Give back all honest feedback." He says and I chuckle.

The flavour of his soup rests on my tongue and I down it with water. "More salt- and you supposedly made chicken soup, but Dad, where's the chicken?"