54. (pt1)

It took Louis a while to choke up the question.

And when he did, I think I choked, myself.

But I happily said yes, almost on the verge of tears but not letting it show, and smiled widely. "Of course I'll go on a date with you, Louis!"

Then with an awkward hug-handshake-smirk-smile, we parted ways and walked into different hallways, since we have different classes. The only thing about the whole thing is the fact that Louis might be thinking of a place fancy and expensive because he has the kind of the money. I'd feel guilty about it, anyway.

And also, I may be feeling a bit guilty about the Rachel situation.

I haven't seen her around and that's what's bothering me. The school probably knows at this point that there's something going on between the two of us, since of course, everyone has their eyes on Louis and one of the girls who always just watched Louis walk down the hallways in grace is now getting closer to him.

What would Rachel say? Would she call me a backstabbing bitch because she spilled her feelings to me and I took 'her' man? Did I interrupt what Rachel and Louis had?

I feel the disappointment coming in to fill me in quick, so I decide to put aside all feelings for now and focus on the last of the studies I have. The teacher walks in and we all open up our notebooks and folders. Nobody brought in their textbooks because there would really be no point. I'm about to sigh in exasperation and look down, but someone taps my shoulder.

"Hey, would you ha-"

"No." I cut Bryan off with a glare. "I thought you were only in one of my classes?"

He gives a smug look. "Relax, I was only here to drop something off. Just wanted to give you a bother."

I narrow my eyes. "Look, I know you're friends with Stacy. I don't fuck with people associated with her."

The teacher calls out on him to leave and he looks back down at me. He doesn't say anything, but instead grabs his bag and walks out. I kind of feel bad, but I know I shouldn't. Him and Stacy suspiciously talking and looking directly at me after the previous encounter definitely seemed off, and I definitely don't wanna get involved.

"Alright class, let's discuss something...,"

~*~

"Yeah, and it also kind of seems really weird that I would back out like that. It's crazy, innit?" Elizabeth laughs as I mindlessly search for the remaining pieces of chewing gum I'm sure I'd left in my locker. "Maybe you should talk to Oscar, this time."

I shake my head. "You're trying to tell me that you called to ask Oscar out, totally chickened out and you want me to call him asking him on a date for you?"

Lizzie purses her lips. "Yeah?"

I raise my eyebrows, finally giving up on my gum quest and shutting my locker, and look her in the eyes. "Your date, your ask."

She lets air escape through a gap in her lips making that weird vibration noise and lets her hands fall into her pockets. "It was worth a shot. What are you doing toni- Louis?"

I roll my eyes at her words. "No, I'm not doing Louis, stop mocking me."

"No, I'm not mo-"

"Just because I sometimes joke around with that here and there doesn't mean that every ti-"

"Alex, I'm not-"

"Whatever, Elizabeth, I know what you were trying to get at," I raise my eyebrows in a playful way. She still doesn't laugh or anything, so I clear my throat. "I'm not doing anything, or anyone, tonight."

I feel someone walk out from behind me. "Would that mean I'd be allowed to accompany you this evening?"

"Yes!" Elizabeth squeals for me.

"Louis?" My eyes widen.

"That would be me." He replies smoothly.

Right. So he heard everything. Great going, Alexandra. I begin fumbling with my words. I don't know how to say yes in a non-Elizabeth way, and I don't really know what to say in general.

"Of course, not on our official date, just a hanging." He adds.

Elizabeth grabs onto this. "Official date?"

"Yeah," I breathe out, responding to Louis. "Sure."

"Great," Louis half-smiles.

Before he gets to say anything else, confused on the plan I point out, "I'm practising with Parker for around fifteen minutes, anyway, so-"

"Louis, pick her up from your place at six-fifteen. Alex, you better not be awkward or I swear to-" I cut Elizabeth off with a stomp on her foot to which she reacts with, "Ow! Alex!"

We all go silent waiting for her continue because I know she's not going to shut up and if I know, then Louis probably knows.

"Okay, so it's a plan. Remember your parts, I'll go get Alexandra ready." Then she leans into Louis and whispers quite loudly. "It might take a while, I don't know when the last time she brushed her hair was."

I gasp. "What?! It was this morning, oh gosh, Louis don't listen to her-"

Elizabeth starts laughing. "Oh, you're so easy to get defensive."

Louis rolls his eyes and gives a small chuckle. "What a friend you've got. I'll see you later, Alice."

"Okay!" 

a/n: pART ONE CAUSE I WANTED TO PUT OUT SOMETHING BEFORE PUTTING OUT THE WHOLE THING LIKE CAUSE I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN LEGIT 2 MONTHS AND OMF BUT DON'T WORRY CAUSE I WILL BE UPDATING LITERALLY AGAIN TODAY I'M WRITING IT AS WE SPEAK...WELL KINDA BUT DON'T WORRY I PROMISE I WILL BE UPDATING

AND ALSO, SINCE THIS BOOK IS KINDA COMING TO AN END SADLY, I'LL BE STARTING ANOTHER BOOK SOON SO KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THAT. I H AVE SO MANY BOOK IDEAS IT'S RIDICULOUS. 

I HAVE ANOTHER LOUIS HIGH SCHOOL AU PLANNED OUT THO :))