8.

A/N: guys i started school today and it sucks and i'm hoping to update even more cause i guess i'll bring my focus back again but ugh. this chapter is also pretty crappy but dw chapter 10+ will be amazayn

"So? How do you guys like it?" I smile, wiggling my eyebrows.

"You actually look good in it." Elizabeth says. "Did it hurt?"

I shrug. "A bit, but that's okay."

I'd finally gotten my piercing and I'm proudly showing it off to everyone. They're small black dots- so nothing really big. But they still look hella' hot. I actually really like them. Usually, when I try something new, I end up hating it later on. Like my cartilage piercing. I regretted getting that so much. Mainly because it hurt so much. I got it over it, though, and I still wear the piercing, it's just that I've never actually been happy with something so much.

Yes, my inspiration for my brow piercing was Louis, thank you very much. Don't judge. I am aware that I'm head over heels for this guy.

"Told you guys she would look hot in it," Patrick says and I smile at him.

"Thanks, Patty-Cakes."

Sarah smirks at me. I give her a confused look and she pulls me down.

"What happened yesterday?" She says in a hushed tone.

"What do you mean- oh." I sigh. "Oh."

"Yeah, oh, so?" She smiles widely. I feel like she thinks she's accomplished something, when in reality, nothing actually did happen. Yes, I still can't get over the fact that he wished me a happy birthday and the way he emphasized my name, but I know that it didn't mean anything to him. As much as I'd love to convince myself otherwise, it's a fact.

"Thank you for the wonderful birthday gift, Sarah. I really did love it, and trust me, I did dream about it a lot. But nothing actually happened." I frown. "I do really wish he would've talked to me more, but all he said was 'Happy birthday, Alex.' and we both walked away. He also looked pretty mad, if I'm being honest."

She looks across the cafeteria for a second, her eyes most probably searching for Louis and then sighs. She's probably upset that she couldn't do more, but really, there was nothing to worry about.

"I seriously, freaking love you for bringing Louis over, though. Probably my favourite birthday present," I add with a grin. I embrace her in a hug and thank her once more.

Sarah gives me a half smile. "Let's get back up." And so she pulls me back up where everyone was too busy talking to notice.

And that's when I feel Louis' presence brush past me, but like always, he never sees me. Except, his crew definitely noticed me and that makes my heart flutter.

~*~

During my PE class, a great idea hit me. All I have to do now, is bring it to action.

My idea's simple- well, kind of: Louis usually leaves late from his last chemistry class at the end of the day. When everyone's gone, and the school is basically empty. We just gotta bring that chemistry to life, you know what I mean? I would walk in the classroom and look for the teacher to give back something- when honestly, I give back nothing cause I ain't got time to do my homework or whatever shit this school gives me. I'd ask either Elizabeth or Sarah to close the door and lock us in. Once you lock that classroom door, there's no coming out. Unless, you know, the janitor cranks the jam thing- I really don't know what he does. Louis and I would be forced to talk! It's a perfect idea, if you ask me...unless, you know, something goes wrong.

I explain this to Elizabeth and Sarah, who coincidentally, I have the same last period class with. Drama. I was forced into drama this year- not that we do anything, anyway. The teacher never calls on us cause she knows we can't do anything- by someone who never told me to do it. Did you guess Louis? Wrong. For once, I'm not doing something bec- okay, that's a lie, yes I only joined drama because of Louis. I'm beginning to regret that now, though, I can't act to save my own life.

Elizabeth shakes her head and calls me crazy, while Sarah actually looks like she's considering it.

"Please?" I say once more.

Elizabeth shakes her head in frustration. "Alexandra Jessica Hamptons, we will not risk our school lives for your precious non-existent love life."

Sarah gasps. "Lizzie!"

"What? Now she's being selfish!" She shrugs with her eyebrow raised.

However, I'm not effected. I sigh and look at them. "I realize what I'm doing is selfish and wrong- hell, I've known this for a while, but this year is the last year here. In college, Louis will actually probably find a girl. I want to be his high school sweetheart. I don't want my four years of liking someone who I'll actually probably never have- go to waste. I want to at least try, and I know I can't do it on my own. This year is the only year I've actually been taking action instead of staring at him from across the cafeteria. This year stuff has actually been beginning to happen. So please, won't you do this for me?"

Lizzie looks at me blankly. I know she's going to give in, but I remain calm. "You're a horrible person, you know that? You have your ways of making others feel guilty."

I grin. "Obviously I know that- why do you think I do it so often?"

And so the plan was going to happen right after this period would be over. I can't even explain the rush I'm feeling. My blood is pumping and I feel like I'm going to explode. No, but literally, I actually have to use the bathroom really bad.