56.

vote?? 

"Stop laughing, it wasn't funny."

"It was pretty funny."

"If you were there, you wouldn't have been laughing,"

"No, I'm sure I would've been laughing even more than I am now," I say with one of my awful laughs at the end. The thing I've always hated most about my laughs is how they change every time. And none of the laughs I've ever given have been even considerably cute.

Louis rolls his eyes and give a small smile. "I'd like to see how much I'd laugh if you ever thought it'd be a good idea to dump a whole carton of red paint on yourself."

"Well, you were only a kid," I say trying to make him feel better. "Wanna know something even more embarrassing?"

I finally decide to tell him about the whole Oscar situation. Our date had supposedly ended no more than half an hour ago. To say it went great would probably be the perfect word to use, because it really did go great. I wouldn't have changed anything about it, besides the shyness in the beginning, but what more could you expect from me?

Spending more time with Louis even gave me more of a chance to get to know him better. I compared things with what I would've expected him to be like, to what he was actually like. For example, I didn't think he would've been so full of playful humour. But of course, the expected sassiness was still there.

Like I've said, there would be no Louis without sass. And ass.

Honestly still can't believe that all of this is happening. I always used to say 'What did I do to not deserve him as a person?' but now it seems I'm going 'What did I ever do to actually deserve this in real life?'. And maybe I don't. Maybe one day, all of this will go away. Maybe that one day is soon. But I don't mind, I'm happy to be spending my time with him right now.

"You hang out with Oscar?" Louis makes a face. "But why?"

I shrug. "Because Elizabeth's got a thing for him or something."

"But why?" He repeats.

"I don't know Louis, go ask her yourself." I say. "Though, I would also feel really weird if one of my friends started dating my cousin." We had talked so much, I don't even realize we turn into my driveway until I look into the large window on the side of my house and see the lights on. I mumble a small, "Oh, wowie, look we're here."

Now, how do dates usually end if you're totally head over heels in love with the person?

I turn to look at Louis and I'm about to say a goodbye, but I stop myself because I'm not really sure if I just say 'goodbye' and walk inside. Do we hug? Do we do a small handshake? Do I give him a small punch of the shoulder? Do we kiss?

"Thank you a lot for tonight. It was really fun," I say stupidly.

He gives a smile. "It was."

I push on the door handle and find the house door unlocked. Weird, but I don't question it. Father must've forgotten to lock it after Elizabeth left or something.

But before entering inside, I finally work up the courage to put my hand on his shoulder and lean in to give him a kiss close to the corner of his mouth. I'm sure I'm flushed when I stand back in my place and remove my hand. Did I really just do that?

I swallow hard and let a grin naturally spread across my face. "Have a goodnight."

"Goodnight, Alexandra."

~*~

Today's the day of Parker's play and I couldn't be more excited. Nothing can go wrong. Absolutely nothing can go wrong today, or else it'd ruin the whole show. If the show somehow gets ruined, we'll have an upset audience, cast, school staff, and Parker.

Making Parker upset is the last thing on my list. Scratch that, it's not even on the list.

"Froggy!" Parker runs out. "Froggy!"

"Parker, my boy!" I yell back looking at him. "What happened?"

He shakes his head. "Nothing, I just don't know where everyone is."

I smile at him. "Parker, they're in class. They'll pull you out halfway through the day, I'm sure."

He frowns. It's almost as if he's more excited than I am for this play. This play could potentially ruin everything for me, or make it even better. This play isn't just any play. "So where are you going to be?"

"I'm going back to school, too. I have some classes to go through before I come back here, and by that I mean sit around all day doing nothing cause exams are over and school's over with in like two days, so I'm not really sure why they're making me go to school until it's actually time for the play, but it's really annoying and I don't really want to go because what am I going to do-"

"Okay, bye, Alex!" Parker cuts me off and skips off.

I nod slowly to myself and pick my bag up from the ground. Sarah sends me a text letting me know that Brendon's waiting in the parking lot for me and I quickly make my way out into the car, waving a 'hello' at him.

He reminds me to buckle up, while driving the car back to our school. "Are you excited?"

I bite my lip. "Yeah, I guess."

"Why is this a guessing question, it's either you're excited or not-"

I laugh. "Shut up, Brendon. You know how nervous I get before big things."

But that isn't the only reason why I'm so nervous. He would only understand after the play's over, but I'm not even sure if they're coming or not. I don't really want to ask either because if they say anything like 'Sorry, Alex, we really can't. We tried' I'll be devastated. It's just better to not see them there than hear that they won't be.

"But you're not even in it," He says playfully.

"But I directed and produced it," I say. "You would understand, you're in a band."

"I know I would, and I do. I'm just playing around." Brendon smiles.

When we finally get to school, I hurry to my locker mostly because of the growing nerves I feel in my stomach. Elizabeth comes up to me and lets me know what I missed first period, which was nothing as I predicted, and we walk together to second with Sarah.

I'm about to join in the conversation Sarah and Elizabeth when I start thinking about the next things that could happen. What is going to happen?

a/n: hold on a minute, i'm doing a double update today so you're not going to be left on a cliffhanger. 

ALSO COMMENT PLEASE?

i realized the reason i haven't been updating is because i guess i'm just really upset this book is coming to an end? i don't want it to. this book means a lot to me and it's started off a lot, too. it's definitely one of my favourites and i would hate to let it go. 

so please forigve me for not updating so frequently anymore. i JUST DON'T WANT THIS BOOK TO END UGH. I ONLY HAVE LIKE 2 MORE CHAPTERS LEFT. 

omg remember when i said i would update LMFAOOOO