44.

vote? >.>

also, going for a double update today so watch out. extreme feels in the next chapter. 

"I don't understand, why not just do Starboy?" Elizabeth complains. "Writing that song was so difficult and took so much time. It's not even that good."

I lick my teeth. "Lizzie, they're a bunch of seven year olds, Starboy isn't appropriate. We'll be fine, it's not even that bad."

We're back once again at Parker's school, desperately trying to ensemble a play. I didn't realize how hard it is to manage a group of kids. They're so picky and never listen, they'd rather just all do their own things.

On top of that, Elizabeth has been so moody, it annoyed me so much, I had to resist the great urge of not tapaaring her right there and then. The only way I handle cranky people is being cranky back hard to them, so you can imagine how that played out.

"I don't like my costume," A boy complains as he looks down at his baggy clothes I put together to call a costume. "It keeps falling."

I kneel down to his height and put my hand on his shoulder. "Well, kid, you're just going to have to suck it up."

"Alex!" Elizabeth yells.

"Jesus, what, Elizabeth?" I yell back.

"Stop being so mean. His parents can literally sue us, do you realize how many rights parents have here?" She says while walking over to the small boy. "But yeah, you're going to have to stick a lollipop in your mouth, boy, we're on a budget."

I take all the photocopied papers and tell Parker to hand them out as I scan through the verses again. You wouldn't believe how long it took us to actually take a tune that hadn't been used before in a song. We're not songwriters, let's put it at that. But after a while, the idea of a play hit to us. And the inspiration shouldn't be a surprise.

Elizabeth sits on the teacher's rocking chair. "Okay, how about we start from the Bada Boom's? We need a bit of work there."

I nod in agreement and everyone goes back to their positions. Out of all the children here, Parker's the only one who looks happy. Maybe that's because he's the star of the whole musical, but he's the only one who wanted to be the star.

"Bada bada boom, bada bada ba boom, boom," The one kid in the back starts and everyone joins for the second round. I wave my hands around like a conductor would and read the lyrics off the sheet as they start singing.

Once there was a duck, the hot-

"Wait, stop!" I bring my hand waving to an end and stare at the sheet dumbfounded. "Duck? Duck? Lizzie, you made a typo."

But when I look over at her, she's already on the floor laughing and clutching her sides as if there's no tomorrow. I sigh in annoyance. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I thought it'd be funny." She laughs.

"Oh my...okay, kids, grab your pencils! We're all correcting this together." I shake my head and take a pen out of my pocket.

"Froggy, not everyone can write or read," Parker whispers. "They don't know what to do."

I look at him. "But you're seven. You all can read and write, right?"

He shakes his head. "I can, but not everyone else."

My head falls in my hands. Oh for goodness sake. Nobody told me it was hard dealing with a bunch of year 1's, Parker set my expectations up high.

"Oh, how was your weekend?" Parker asks with a hint of an impish smile. "Did you enjoy it?"

I open my mouth but then close it again. Does he know about Louis? "It was...fine, Parker. Why do you ask?"

"C'mon, Froggy, were you still awkward around him?" He whines and begins tugging on my shirt.

I take his hand from my shirt and hold up above his head. He smiles clumsily at that. "H-how did you know? Did he tell everyone? Oh no, he told everyone? Including his brother? Well, crap-"

"Shush, he didn't tell anyone." Parker says. "I made him tell me where he went after he came back around midnight. I can't believe he stayed with you that long!"

My eyebrows furrow. "H-he didn't..."

His smile falters and is replaced with confusion. "He couldn't have stayed with anyone else after that, he would've told me."

What if he went to Rachel's house after? I think to myself. Disappointment fills my stomach, but I don't tell myself anything else to stop the feeling. I need to get used to the fact that him and Rachel are probably a thing.

Deciding to voice my thoughts out loud, I lick my lips and say, "He likely went to Rachel's, or Jack's house...or something."

"No! No! Jack and Rachel were having a sleepover the whole weekend. That's why Louis didn't want to go." Parker smiles proudly.

"Sleepover-?" But I cut myself off when I understand what Louis meant by 'sleepover'. A smirk crawls on to my face before covering it up with a weird laugh.

Elizabeth sighs loudly from her spot on the chair. "Alex? Stop blabbering, the kid's are waiting."

If Louis didn't go to their houses after, then where did he go? What even happened to him that day and why did no one but Parker notice his disappearance? Louis' always been a 'keep-to-himself' person. Though, I know it's none of my business to find what's wrong with him or how he feels, but for some reason, I can't help but feel that I need to know.

What Louis said about curiosity did hit me because it's true. People only want to know what's wrong because they want to find out what's wrong, not because they try to help. This case is so much different, though, because since day like 5, I've been wanting to know him. Something in him never felt right.

I think too much.

"The bell's going to ring, soon. Why don't you guys start cleaning up?"