19.

Louis' POV

The car ride would've been silent if I hadn't turned on the radio. Parker sits in the back mumbling shit nobody comprehends, and Alex looks out the window. 

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't exactly avoiding Rachel. Lately, she's just been...clingy? She's probably not even clingy. She gives me space when I need it. I don't know. I've just been annoyed by her a lot and she doesn't even do anything. Maybe I have anger issues. 

I suddenly feel a bomb of regret seep into my stomach. Why did I bring Alex along? Why did I have to make up the whole story? I could've been at the restaurant right now ignoring Rachel rather than bringing some other girl along and having to maintain my brother. I'm messed up. 

The sun shines in my eyes and just barely touches her hair. I roll my eyes and pull down the visor in front of me. 

Fuck, I hate life and people. 

"Louis!" Parker squeals. I squint at the noise and look at him. "I want the large fries!" 

I sigh. "No, Parker." 

He's about to scream but his eyes flicker to the play place inside and his shoulders relax. He's such a kid. You would think that he'd be one of those giggly boys who's just happy about everything, but no. He's either a mean monster, a baby monster, or a nice monster. But I mean either way he's a monster. 

We enter inside and as expected, Parker runs to the playspace. 

Shit, Louis, just ask her if she wants anything. You invited her. 

"Alex?" 

She looks over to me. "Yeah?" 

I used to always make fun of her in my head for liking me. I know it's stupid and at this point, it doesn't matter who likes who, but Alex is someone I never knew until that day when I realized that this girl had been coming to our house a few times a week. I had felt so stupid but I felt overpowered. I've had a lot of people like me. Not just females. It was just weird for me when Jack told me that Alex was so obsessed or whichever word you want to use. 

But honestly, she's not that bad. I still wouldn't go for her- hell, I can't even see us as friends- but I don't hate her. I don't even dislike her. She's just...nothing to me, really. 

"Do you want anything?" I raise my eyebrows. 

Alex shakes her head. "No, I'm fine. Thanks." 

"It's okay. I don't really mind." I shrug but she still declines. 

Oh well. I tried. Not my problem. 

After I got Parker's fries, Alex goes and calls him over and we end up just sitting in one of the booths since Parker doesn't want to leave. Thanks, Parker. 

Her eyes dart all over the place and I find it kind of funny that I have that effect on her. Not funny in the way where I'd make fun of her, but funny in the way where 'why me?'. Ever since the run-in at the cemetery- which was really weird, what the fuck even happened?- my perspective of her has kind of changed. Like I mentioned before. 

"Alex, remember the cars?" Parker says. She nods. "One of them broke. It was my favorite one. You'll buy me another one, right?" 

"If you want me to, sure." She shrugs. 

Funny how he won't ask me, but he'll ask her. Not that I would've bought it for him, anyway. 

"Yeah, I do," Savage. "My birthday's in a week. You can buy it for me then." 

They start talking so I pull out my phone and do shit. There's not much I do on my phone if I'm being honest. I don't really go on social media and I don't text people unless they text me first.