21.

Ice cream tastes good. The flavours are just magnificent, you know? But I absolutely hate biting down on it. My teeth will fall off and it just hurts. 

"Come on, Alex!" Sarah screams. "You can't let Patrick win- just bite into it!" 

I vigorously begin eating the chocolate ice cream in my hands while Patrick's already down to the cone. We've been doing this for hours. It all started when Brendon decided he wanted to eat five ice cream cones because he couldn't decide which flavour he wanted. Then Elizabeth had the idea of having a competition to see who could eat it the fastest. After that, we'd all just been buying more and more ice cream at Brendon's flat. 

Of course, this is only just a replacement for what I should've done last night. Instead of going to sleep in my misery of heartbreak and stress, I should've just eaten ice cream and cry. That's just the thing with me, I guess. When I'm really upset, I can't really cry. I just kind of sit there in silence and let my thoughts invade my brain. So you can guess what happens next. My morning depression came back, but honestly, it's alright. I don't really care. 

"Patrick, what are you doing? Hurry up, she's about to beat you," Brendon rolls his eyes and yells. Elizabeth lets a chuckle escape while still looking at the timer. 

I'm about to shove the last bit of the cone in my mouth when Elizabeth rings the bell, and Brendon starts whooping. Okay, but Patrick has a big mouth so that's not fair. They do a bro handshake. Sarah shakes her head with disappointment in me and I shrug.  

"He has a big mouth!" I say. Patrick smirks and sticks his tongue out. 

After a couple more rounds, we all finally sit down and relax. I pull out my phone and begin scrolling through Instagram, Elizabeth and Brendon start talking, Sarah goes to the washroom and Patrick...well, who really knows. It's Patrick. 

In case you've been wondering about Elizabeth and Brendon, I suppose she's been doing okay. We talked about it this morning and she said because she loves him, she'll let him go. a/n: This Is Gospel reference lolol. I mean, to be honest, I love Sarah and Brendon as a couple. Before her, Brendon was a goofball who didn't admit he wanted to be loved. Plus, I'm sure if Elizabeth and Brendon did go out, everything would change for them and me. I'm not saying that in a selfish way, but I'm taking Ayesha's words in consideration. They might need each other as best friends to lean on more than potential life partners. 

I'm about to say something when all the sudden, I choke on my spit somehow and start coughing violently. What has my life even become? Everyone looks at me in worry and stupidity. I raise my hand to tell them I'm fine while still coughing. 

I'm so glad Louis isn't here to witness this. 

"I'm good...I'm alright," I breathe out when I finally calm down. Elizabeth starts laughing. Again. When does this girl not laugh?

Brendon nods. "Same." 

Standing up and getting a good stretch, my phone slides back into my jean pockets. "I'm bored. Do you guys want to play a game?" 

"Sure," 

"Yas." 

"Another game?" 

"Shut up, Brendon. Don't be a lazy-ass." 

Do I ever feel left out? Back to that question again. Honestly, I'm not even sure anymore. It's sad to think that I most probably won't be seeing them in college, but at the same time, I see it as an opportunity. I mean, it means I only have a few more months to live with this loneliness and then whoo! I get to live my own life. Don't get me wrong, though. Without these stupid heads, I'm nothing. 

Making a weird sound to shut them up, my mouth curls into a smirk. "Let's drive downtown for this." 

~*~ 

"Okay," I sigh. "This is how it works." 

We're all standing just on the busiest street of downtown London. We drove outside the city for maybe a couple hours including the traffic from getting to our city (Croydon) to the London eye. Croydon is in the greater London area, but the traffic is just horrid. We were lucky enough to just get a parking spot near where we are. 

I'm pretty sure it's going to get towed, too. 

"We're going to divide ourselves into two groups. One three- don't take that to disadvantage, you won't get more if you have three people- and the other is two. I'll text you all a list of things you have to do so you don't forget, but basically, with your groups, you're going to do things. You'll have to meet and talk to people, waste money we don't need- which is why I asked you guys to fill up your wallets- and go to places. In the list, you're going to be asked to take pictures of yourselves with certain people and go to a haunted house as well as other things. I'm making no sense, but trust me, it'll all come together. But the thing is when taking pictures and videos are to be done individually and with other people. You can't do the same person. The first group which all the members finish the hunt first wins a free dinner."

 Elizabeth and Sarah squeal. "Free dinner- yas!" 

"Yeah, the losing team has to pay." 

They stop. I shrug and smirk. "Choose your partners!" 

Everyone stands there awkwardly. It's like that for a couple seconds before I sigh and roll my eyes. I push Sarah and Elizabeth together. 

"Every group should have a man," I say and look between Patrick and Brendon. 

"Patrick can be with us!" Elizabeth rushes. Well, duh. How awkward would it be if Brendon was stuck with Elizabeth and Sarah? They don't know anything, but for Lizzie, ugh. I can't even imagine. 

"We don't have a car. We probably need one." Sarah says and they all discuss to just call a cab or something because apparently getting the parking spot for Brendon was hard and even he's not going to drive his own car. 

Okay, so the idea hit me as we were in the car. Originally, I was just going to suggest Hide N' Seek and make everyone play because I haven't played that in a while and stupidly miss it. Hiding and never being able to be found was very fun. Also frightening, though, when you realized that you were alone in the dark with no one around you and you were left alone with your own stupid thoughts. No, but actually, they were pretty stupid. 

'Why do apples grow on bushes? Oh wait, they grow on trees, don't they? I have to google this.' 

'Men and women are humans, right?' 

'What if I actually wasn't a human being? I'm pretty sure I'm a turtle...'

True story. Those were my thoughts as a kid. Don't judge, I was pretty deprived as a child. 

It's a weekend and everyone's bored. What can be better than playing a bit of a hunt? 

"Cool, looks like it's me and you, Alex." Brendon gives a goofy smile. 

Everyone starts talking with each other as I send the long list of things to do. It's a little after two so we'll have enough time to do everything. It just depends on who takes the longest to do it. When we all are assured that everyone knows what they're doing, we all begin doing the first thing on the list, separating from each other. Brendon and I head north while the others head south. Or whatever direction they're going in. There's only One Direction. Hush mum it's a meme. 

"Okay, we're supposed to be heading towards the...London Dungeon. Hm, that isn't so far from here. It'd be faster if we call a cab, though." 

a/n: YAS OKAY SO I KINDA LIKE THIS CHAPTER, IDK. comment if you guys want a continuation of them going around or not in the next chapter. i want to get this book going, but i also don't want to rush into it. i'm planning everything out so don't worry :)