Going for the Kill

Past Memories

Chapter Three

Rae's POV

'I walked through the woods, calling out the name of my younger sister. "Lucy! Luc!"

"Don't worry, Rae, we'll find her" Leo spoke, putting a hand on my shoulder. It was a dark and frosty night, the cool air brushing against my flesh. A scream suddenly pierced the air, startling the birds. I know that voice. "RAE!"

"LUCY!" I yelled, Raven taking control and sniffing her out.

We found her in the arms of an older man, with the scent of an Alpha. "Let. Her. Go" I growled, freezing as he pointed a knife towards her neck.

"Hmm, no. Your Alpha took something from me. I'm just returning the favour." An evil grin was plastered on his face. My arms were suddenly grabbed and pinned behind me by another member of this Alpha pack. Me being smaller then, I didn't have the strength I do now.

"Let me go!" I snapped, struggling to get to my sister.

"No. You're going to watch this child die. It will be all your fault." The Alpha growled, pulling the knife back. I struggled against the hold, my head being pinned to watch. Taking a deep breath, I howled loudly, loud enough for the pack to hear.

A sudden scream and decreasing heartbeat met my ears, as I looked back to the Alpha, holding a dead sister in his arms.

"LUCY!"

I woke up screaming, heart racing, my hands clenched to the mattress below. I let out short ragged breaths that echoed around my room.

"It was just a dream... ssh" I looked up through teary eyes to see Leo. I grabbed his shirt as he pulled me closer into a comforting hug.

"I d-didn't d-do enough" I sobbed, knowing Leo knew what I was talking about.

"There was nothing you could do, Rae" he mumbled, hugging me tighter.

"It was all my fault!"

"It wasn't your fault Rae. But please," Leo gripped my wrist, turning it over to reveal my slashes, "Stop doing this to yourself." Even though I was a werewolf, with the ability to heal quicker, I kept reopening to cuts, not allowing them to heal. Everything told me I deserved it. I deserved it all.

"I deserve it" I whisper hoarsely.

"No you don't" Leo growled, "Please just stop." He pulled me into another tight hug. I looked at my bracelets on my wrist, one reminding me so much of my little sister. The two brown fabric bracelets hung off my left wrist, one with a wolf charm another with a star.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I walked through school, my mind still running on that dream. It was all my fault. Leo, Lucy and I were walking through the woods and my younger sister and I had a fight. She ran off, but I can never remember what it was about. And that's when that Alpha came. She was seven, seven!