Where's Mason?

Tomboy of the Pack
Song: Tears- Clean Bandit

Chapter Twenty Nine

Rae's POV

Something leapt on my body under the covers, forcing me to go straight into defence mode.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

Startled, I found myself looking towards my friends, one of which was Lacey slumped on top of my covers. Jace, Leo and Josh were standing at the door, silly party hats on their heads pulling weird faces.

"Get off you big lump!" I complain, shoving Lacey off the bed with a thump.

She whined, "You're not very nice to your best friend."

I rolled my eyes at her before noticing a big difference in the room. "Where's Mason?"

Lacey looked towards the boys before they all looked at each and back to me, "Uh, he said he'd be here later." Leo muttered, noticing everyone's hesitance. I didn't fully believe since they all looked awkward now, but I decided to drop it. I don't care were he was anyway.

"Okay!" Lacey grinned, the evil glint in her eyes.

"Okay, good luck Rae, I'm out when she's looking like that." Jace said before sprinting out, and before I could ask another question, Josh and Leo followed after.

"Happy birthday!" she smiled, handing me a small package. I really didn't want to open it because I could tell no good was coming with this, but I began to peel the wrapping, just so Lacey didn't tear this house down.

Once all the wrapping was off, I pulled out the article of clothing. Is this?

"Oh hell no!" I said, backing away from the dress. Lacey smirked at me. The dress was navy blue, its sleeves coming three quarters down my arms. It would reach to about my knees, had a thin, black belt along the waist line and had a flower pattern net type thing around the outside. How else am I supposed to explain it? I've never worn a dress in my life!

"Oh yes."

"Lacey, I am NOT wearing that."

"Hm, okay." she walked into my closet, digging around until she came out with a top. Not just any top. A Messi football T-shirt signed by Messi himself. She pulled a pair of scissors from her back pocket like she was already prepared for this. "What have we here?"

I watched in horror as the scissors neared the hem of the top, "You wouldn't dare." I growled.

"Oh but I would." The scissors reached the hem.

"Okay, okay, okay, you win! I'll wear the dress!" I cried. Lacey smirked in triumph as I grabbed the shirt away from her. "But I'm wearing shorts underneath and Converses.

"Way ahead of you." she grinned, pulling out some denim mid-thigh shorts and a pair of blue navy Converses from a bag.

I glowered at her before snatching the clothes and sprinting into the bathroom. I slipped off my night clothes, before pulling on the dress. Not exactly the most comfortable thing but at least I'm not wearing heels. I pulled up the shorts and tightened up the Converses.

I took a shaky breath before stepping out the bathroom. Lacey turned from her phone to look at me. It was like time was going really slowly when she just froze staring at me and the dress.

"I knew it. It looks stupid, I'm going to take it off."

"What! Don't you dare take that dress off Rae Lewis." Lacey warned, "You look hot. The boys are going to be drooling today"