Don't Let a Tomboy Drive

Tomboy of the Pack
Song: Anywhere For You- John Martin

Chapter Twenty Eight

Rae's POV

"Come on! Let's go!"

I chuckled at my best friend, letting her drag me to the car. We all decided to go to the beach today. It's my birthday tomorrow and I wanted to spend lots of time with my friends before I find my mate.

"Jees, who knew someone could be so excited about the beach?" Josh laughed at his sister.

Lacey frowned, "Come on, its the best time to go now."

I hopped into Mason's car, watching Jace and Lacey get in the back. That means Josh, Leo and Willow were in Josh's car.  Lacey had dragged us out at five o'clock saying that its the best time for the sunset.

I switched on the radio, knowing all the buttons after spending two days in this car. John Martin's song, Anywhere For You can on, just starting. The roof of the car suddenly began moving downwards.

"This is a convertible?" I asked Mason.

"Yup."

"Why didn't you tell me!" I laughed, raising my hands as the car sped forwards on the main road. No cars were on this road except our two. Mason honked towards Josh, revving his engine.

"You're on Alpha" Leo smirked, mimicking Mason's racer name. They roared forward on the left side of the double road.

"Come on! You drive like a little girl!" I glared at him.

"You drive." Mason smirked. I shrugged, leaping over to sit on his lap. pressing my foot on the accelerate and gripping the steering wheel, reaching the same position as Josh. My hair was flying past my face, coming loose from its band and the wind making me squint me eyes. I slowed as I roared passed him, their eyes widening as Mason shrugged behind me.

We zoomed ahead, Jace and Lacey cheering in the background.

Eventually we reached the beach, making sure I skidded along the gravel parking spaces. "Hey!" Mason spoke, "This car is expensive."

"Don't let a tomboy drive it then, Alpha" I smirked, jumping over the door.

"You know," Jace started, "A normal person would just open the door?"

"Well, I'm not normal"

"I think we established that a while back." Lacey rolled her eyes.

I just laughed, running around on the sand, enjoying the feeling of freedom. The sun was slowly going down, making the sky seem on fire above us. The san was soft and gentle against my bare feet as I threw my trainers in a pile with everyone else along with my jumper and phone.

"Race you!" I heard Jace shout before sprinting ahead.

"Oh your on!" Mason shouted to his best friend, racing after him to the ocean. Lacey laughed with me as Jace shoved Mason into the sea, covering him before grabbing my hand and dragging us down. A soaking Mason appeared from the water, splashing water at us.

I laughed, kicking water back before his hands grabbed me from behind, swinging me around. This is what I want to remember, all the good times that I will have with my friends. Not the arguing or the growling, but the time we had fun together. Mason put me down, but his arm still wrapped firmly around my waist.

I stared at him, watching his eyes. Before I could say anything, lips captured mine, a strong body leaning forward slightly, making mine bend, putting my left leg slightly behind me to keep my balance. I closed my eyes, realizing that it was Mason's lips that concealed my own. My hand reached from his chest, up to his shoulders and into his hair, tugging slightly. Mason's other arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer to his body.

I had never experienced anything like this before and the sensation in the pit of my stomach was over whelming, but I didn't want it to end. His hair was silky and soft against my fingers, more that what I imagined it to be.

"Oi! Get a room." I heard Jace's voice.

"I told you they were both in denial." Lacey hissed to him.

I smiled against his mouth before pulling away, my hands still in his hair. His golden eyes twinkled in the sunset, and I'm pretty sure mine had darkened as well.

"The bet's finally completed."

I laughed, pulling away slightly, but his arm wrapped around like steal against my waist, like he never wanted me to leave. Most of my weight was against his arms, but he didn't seem to mind, instead pulling me up to stand straight.

"How's that for a first kiss?" he asked, smirking.

I licked my lips, still feeling the tingles that stayed against them. Mason's eyes darkened at this so I quickly stopped before answering, "Better than I thought."

"Okay, lovebirds!" Lacey interrupted, before snatching my hand, "I need a talk with my best friend." before I was dragged away from Mason.

"No Lacey, I don't want to talk about guys."

"OH, we're not." she smirked, "Willow called you up here, but you were too busy in a heated make out conversation to hear."

I blushed slightly. Willow grinned towards me, "Ah, the tomboy finally kissed the bad boy" she still didn't know about the werewolf thing. It was kind of bad, especially with Blake nearby. Leo needed to hurry up and tell her, its been over two weeks. Anything could happen when she's around and she needed to be ready for it. "How was it?"

I shrugged in response, not wanting to talk about it. I let the bad boy take my first kiss. I know it was for the bet, but I can't help but feel as though there was something else behind as well.

"Here" Willow passed me my phone. I raised an eyebrow, "Check you gallery," she winked before adding, "You're welcome!"

I flicked through my phone before my eyes widened. The photo was of Mason and  kissing, the sunset behind us, making or figures darker. The sea behind us was glistening, making the photo beautiful.

"Photography lessons help a lot." Willow grinned. I didn't say anything.

'Don't say anything, you enjoyed that, don't deny it!' Raven grinned at me like a love felt wolf.

'I did but-'

'No buts! Don't ruin the moment.' she whined slightly.

I looked back at the photo, my fingers trailing across my lips. The tingle was still there, isn't it supposed to be gone by now?