Knuckles Turning White

Tomboy of the Pack

Chapter Five

Rae's POV

I swear I just choked on my water. Coughing, I gasped, "What!"

"Yes, Rae can stay with us, Leo too." Emerald continued, smiling at my parents.

"I don't know, Rae can be a handful" Dad sighed.

"I'm sure she'll be fine, just look at Mason. Plus, I would love her to train some of the newbie's as well." Franklin added.

"I'm right here you know!" I snapped.

"Rae! Don't be so rude!" Mum growled.

"No, I'm not staying with that jerk!" I yelled, pointing accusingly at Mason. Snarling, Mason stood up, towering my angry form.

"What's wrong with me?" he asked.

"I don't know, maybe the fact you don't leave me the fuck alone and hang around with every slut in the school!"

"Language" Ashling hisses.

"English" I growl, not taking any eye contact away from Mason.

Ashling sighed, resting her hands on her forehead.

"Mum, I'm old enough to be home alone, plus Leo will be there with me!" I snapped at my mother.

"Yes, but Rose, rouges could attack, or you could be-"

"I won't be anything. I am a trained fighter ever since..." I cut off, dragging a hand through my hair. "You know what, fine, fine! Whatever. Do what you want, I don't care anymore." I storm out the office.

"Rae!" I hear my Dad behind me and soon his touch stopped me. "What's going on Rae?"

Sighing, I look away, tears forming in my eyes, "I'm getting the nightmares again" I look up to him.

"Oh Rae" Dad sighs, pulling me into a tight hug. I whimper slightly, a few tears falling. "Look, if you go to the Alpha's house, only for seven weeks, it'll make your mother and I feel better knowing that you're more safe. That way you'll have Frank and Emerald there for you if the nightmares come while you stay."

Sighing, I shook my head, "There's no getting out of this is there?"

"Afraid not, sweetie" My Dad laughed, ruffling my hair. "And if you don't like it, I'll give you a home key before we leave, that way, you can return home whenever, okay?"

"Okay" I sigh.

Mason's POV

Rae storms out the room, anger and sadness written on her face. Was I really that bad to be around? Shaking, I hear Rae's voice outside.

"I'm getting the nightmares again." It sounds although she's crying and it takes everything in my will power not to go out and hug her.

"What nightmares is she having?" I direct my question to her Mum, Natilia.