Reject Me

Tomboy of the Pack

Chapter Thirty

Rae's POV

Mason just stood there, hands stuffed into his black jeans, head bowing down like he was waiting to hear something.

"H-How" I croaked, my mind still not able to believe that he was my mate. How can I be an Alpha's mate, let alone one like Mason?! We hate each other, we've always been frienemies.

Mason looked up at me, his face full of hurt and rejection. "I don't know, Rae"

When he said my name, a shiver rolled down my spine. Mason's an Alpha, which means...

"How long have you known?"

Mason ran a hand through his hair, sighing, "Since we were three I felt a connection. And when I turned fifteen I felt it for sure.

"And you didn't bother to tell me!" I snapped, clenching my fists. He's known all this time and he didn't once act caring, act like he was my friend. He slept around, giving himself the pleasures of other she-wolves from school.

"You would've never believed me."

"And you expect now?" I growled, "You've been sleeping with other she-wolves, kissing and everything when you knew I was your mate?"

"I wanted you to reject me." He sighed, coming closer, but my feet quickly copied the movement backwards.

"W-Why"

"Because everyone I love gets hurt. Either by me or something to do with me. I didn't want to put you through the pain. But now that I've spent the last month with you, I can't bare to see you hurt and I can't leave your side for more than an hour."

Mason's eyes connected with mine, "Every night, it kills me that you aren't sleeping with me. Every night I died a little bit inside because I knew that when it came to your eighteenth, you would reject me. That's why I wanted to be with you through these years, but I beat myself up, telling myself that you would never love me."

I could feel my heart clenching at his words. Reject? I didn't know whether I wanted that. My feelings for Mason were unsure. I didn't know whether I wanted to be with him.

A heat source was suddenly in front of me, making me stumble back. I would've fallen into the lake if that hand hadn't have caught my wrist. It wrapped itself around my waist, pulling me closer to my mate.

I couldn't deal with this right now. Too much was happening and too much had happened. I had to spend time to myself for a few hours. I pushed Mason slightly before taking off back to the Alpha's house. I wiped my eyes from the few tears that had fallen, making my way up to my room, ignoring my friends in the kitchen and Emerald's calls.

"Rae?"

I looked up to find my Dad staring at me. "Have you found your mate?"

"No-Y-Yes, I don't know."

My Dad pulled me into hug, "Give him a chance Rea"

I suddenly pulled back, "You knew?"

He sighed in defeat, nodding. I stormed away from him and slammed my bedroom door closed. It killed me knowing that Mason was only on the other side of the wall, his bed opposite mine. I heard his bedroom door slam, making me finch.

I slipped off the dress, I needed a shower. Everyone knew. Everyone knew that Mason was my mate and they decided to keep it hidden from me. I felt betrayed, not only by my Dad but also my best friend. Lacey and I have always told each other everything. I may not have been very honest about the kiss yesterday, but Lacey knew that I never talked about guys that way.