I Don't Belong to Anyone

Tomboy of the Pack

Chapter Twenty Seven

Rae's POV

As soon as we got back, I was tearing through the Alpha's house desperate to see my father. He probably looks like shit. After you mate dies, you die a slow painful death, but because Dad has children, his wolf may carry on for a little while longer to protect us. Sometimes the wolf may want revenge and continues on by anger, but that way it kills the human; the calm side.

All the commotion came from upstairs where my father was surrounded by nurses.

"Dad?" I whispered.

Everyone seemed to stop. Leo looked at me from the sofa, his eyes widening slightly. The nurses and doctors moved from their Beta's way, allowing me to see my Dad. A gasp left me, my hand moving to my mouth as tears welled up again.

The small but deep wounds of scratches covered his face, his arms having long claw marks dragged down to his stomach. His clothes were dirty and ripped, his veins were showing, telling me he was on the verge of shifting. But what caught me most was his eyes. Dark pools of anger clouded his once green eyes. I've never seen my Dad like this before.

"D-Dad?"

He quickly stood up, running over to me, surrounding me in his arms. "I-I couldn't save her." I could feel his tears soaking my shirt.

I wrapped my arms around him, Leo soon following, "It's okay Dad." I buried my face in his chest, feeling happy that my father survived this long. I can still see him before he goes to meet my Mum again.

I didn't want to ask him about anything, it would cause his wolf too much pain, possibly killing him right now and that's something I didn't want to see right now. My Dad looked at my wrist, seeing Mum's bracelet on there along with Lucy's. A smile made its way onto his face before he reached round to hug both  Leo and I.

----------------

"You okay?"

Looking away from the window, I looked to find Leo standing by my door. My Dad had been told by the doctor to rest for a while. He didn't go back home, and I knew why. Mum's scent would still be lingering there, and his wolf would break.

Nodding silently, I looked away, "He's not going to survive long, is he?"

Leo sighed, "No" was the whisper that came from him before he pulled me into a brotherly hug.

"Leo," I mumbled, "Please don't leave me alone."

"I'll never leave you alone Rae." His hug tightened, making me know that he would always keep his promise.

I walked downstairs with my brother to find our friend downstairs on the sofa playing  Call of Duty. I slumped on the single sofa, pulling off my jumper, ahem, Mason's jumper. My hair was bunched in its usual ponytail again, away from my face.

"Dammit!" I laughed at Jace as Lacey killed him, winning the match.

I reached forward to grab an orange juice from the tray before a gasp caught my attention.

"Holy Mary mother of fudgenuggets!" Lacey screeched. I raised an eyebrow, watching her eyes look at me.

"What?" Jace frowned at her.