Disappearing

Chapter Forty One

[Last Resort- Papa Roach]

Rae's POV

I don't think I was even me when I watched them all go to attack Mason. I couldn't think through them short five seconds when it all felt in slow motion. I could see their canines, their claws stretching out, preparing to attack. Mason was shifted, his fur, his snout, his furious growls the echoed the air. It was all on a go slow until Mason's whine of pain hit my ears.

Something snapped within me, my mind going blank, eyes darkening as a roaring growl left my throat. Nothing was right with me. It wasn't me, but the other side that most werewolves can control and usually hide throughout their life. My fists clenched, landing on the closest wolf that stormed towards me. A loud crack rang through the air, a cry from the wolf pierced the air as I dragged my claws through his fur.

I could feel Mason's anger running through him as he continued to attack the rouges. I could feel his eyes on me, watching my every move. Watching the darker side of me come out- the dangerous side. He knew that even he couldn't calm this side right now, but it was my own self that had to.

Two wolves ran at me, making me jump up into the air, back flipping as I saw them collide into each other below me but one had caught my stomach slightly with their claws, dragging their nails around my flesh, leaving my back. I landed on one knee, head bowed, a low growl rumbling through me. My fist slammed against the ground, my head snapping up, revealing my pissed off orbs. My knotted hair rested wildly around my face as I glared at all who were here to hurt me and my mate.

My eyes were pitch black by now, this unexperienced power that consumed me was flowing through my veins. I stood, still in human form, the fabric still wrapped around my wrists, my veins darkly showing against my flesh. The pain that I should've felt with every scratch, every bruise was not there. I didn't care about the pain, or the feeling in my body, I became numb, Raven hiding out all the pain with our anger.

My mate growled, pouncing in wolf form beside me, snapping at any wolves who came too close. Mason's fur was covered with red strands, letting me know that this was his dark side as well, not him, not Ace. He was controlling it more than he has before. 

Four wolf forms were scraped on the floor like worthless mutts. Most of them oddly shaped with blood tracks roaming their body as the blood continued to seep through their flesh and onto the murky ground below. The remaining six wolves backed away towards Blake who stood in the shadows smiling darkly. "This is perfect." he spoke slyly, "Both your angers have come out. It's easier than ever."

He sped towards us, disappearing when he got closer enough, making us freeze. I could feel the world around me go cold, my body suddenly feeling slightly drained. I could feel the sharp coldness of the air as something zoomed past me, making my hair fly to the left of me.

Blake's figure suddenly appeared beside Mason, slamming a fist against his snout, knocking him far back, away from the protection of me.

"Mason!" I went to sprint towards him but was roughly pinned down as two wolves leapt on my human form, crushing my body below their heavy forms.

My mate slowly struggled to his paws, his claws digging into the ground as he growled. His head was low as his eyes continued to watch Blake's every move. Blake faded again, silence coating the forest. I searched frantically for him or any signs of where he would appear, but he had covered his tracks, and his scent. Struggling under the wolves, I watched helpless as Blake appeared behind Mason, jumping on his back, wrapping his arms around his neck.

"No!" I shouted angrily, feeling that power rise again, making me growl loudly, throwing the wolves off me. My feet carried me to my mate, leaping up and barrelling into Blake just as a loud crack echoed through the air. Mason slumped to the ground, whining painfully.

That bastard.

I went to attack Blake, but my body drained itself of energy, making myself fall to the ground, my eyes struggling to stay open. My arms failed to lift myself up, and my weak frame had already had enough. The blood that had seeped through the wounds was now dried against my skin, the cuts slowly healing.

Blake laughed, watching our figures as we breathed heavily.

"See. You're easy. You drain your power too early. You have nothing to control that power!" Four wolves came beside me before shifting into three men and a women, grabbing my arms and hauling me to my feet. I was too weak to fight back, so all my weight was resting again a shaggy, light brown haired male who looked like this was the last place he wanted to me. I watched his eyes look guiltily towards Mason. "Take her away."

Something was pierced into my neck, making all my energy disappeared completely and my eyes slowly close. Mason laid there, half conscious. I opened my eyes, trying to keep them on Mason as his weak orbs looked towards me.

'I w-will find you, R-Rae.' he whispered through the link before his body knocked itself out. I inhaled a sharp breath as pain started to attack my stomach. Not again...

"M-Mason..." I whispered aloud before my body gave in and darkness consumed me.