Ready to Fight

Chapter Forty Nine

Rae's POV

We all ran out in the battle field. My eyes widened as I took in the scene. Dead wolves and vampires were scattered everywhere, body parts detached from their rightful owners, their dead, dull eyes stared straight at me as I watched the light that once burned slowly disappear. The night sky was lit up by stars and the full moon shone brighter than I have ever seen before.

This is all my fault...

I could feel the anger floating through the air, their spirits still fighting forwards, wanting to win, wanting to kill the Seniors. Every pack member's heart beat in sync, all their power and energy being put into every punch, every kick- every... kill.

A bright light suddenly blinded us, making Mason stand more in front of, protectively. We looked up, about ten feet from the ground, watching the fire circle around Blake's dark form. But it wasn't the power that scared me- it was his eyes. His eyeballs were no longer white, but a venomous black inhabited those, along with the dark red pupils that were now in thin slits- like a snake.

I clenched my fists, bending my knees slightly, ready to fight.

A dark chuckle erupted from Blake as he stared down at us. The pack had now returned to behind us, a lot of the Seniors destroyed, with only a few  remaining.

"I see you got out, little Rae-Rae, but I've absorbed enough power to make the Earth unstable." he scanned us before his dark eyes landed on Darren, "Darren!" he declared, "I always knew you were a traitor."

Darren snarled, "I'm only a traitor when some thing is not right to do."

"The humans will betray you, why risk your life for them when they'll take yours." Blake hissed, referring to his own family.

"They won't find out." I snapped.

"Maybe not, but what about the Elders? Once they hear about this fight, they'll want to squeeze every ounce of information out of you. And what happens when they find out how powerful you and Mason are, hm?"

I looked sadly to Mason, and I knew that he knew, "We'll figure it out when the time comes." he responded.

"You can't run from them- they'll always find you." Blake chuckled.

I gripped my mates arm, allowing him to grab my own, "Maybe so," I glared at Blake, "But we'll be ready, just like we are for you."

And before anyone could blink, Mason threw me through the air, making me land directly on Blake, knocking him from the Excidium power he controlled. The Seniors snarled, but were too caught up on the attacking pack members to do anything. Blake and I tumbled through the mucky grass.

My growls echoed around the battle, his sharp nails digging into my flesh, drawing blood, allowing my veins to darken and be on show. He shoved me away, making us both stop rolling. I quickly moved to one knee, glaring at Blake who's black eyes turned back to their original white. We were further into the forest, way from the battle field.

"You little pest." he hissed, "Why fight at all, you know you'll loose."

A large black wolf suddenly tackled him over, just missing his head as Blake's figure disappeared. Mason's form stumbled over, landing by my feet. I closed my eyes, feeing the air around me, listening for any sign of the enemy.

Opening my eyes, I saw Mason's ear prick up before he dived to the left of me, before his body was shoved into mine, knocking me against the close tree. Groaning, I placed my hand on my knee, sitting up again. Mason shook his form, growling lowly. I could feel a breeze to the right. Hear a crunch to the left. My eyes suddenly snapped open, swinging my fist the right of me, colliding it with something.

I squinted open an eye, watching as Blake flew through the air. He titled to the right of his laying down position, resting his weight on his right arm. His other hand wiped the blood from his cheek.

Got him...

I can sense his blood...

Mason was tackled over by two Seniors. I went to run to him but a familiar brown wolf barrelled into the two vampires attacking him.

Dad!

'I'll help Mason, you get Blake.' He mindlinked. I nodded in response, glaring at Blake who smirked my way.

I sprinted forward, using my Nano Blood speed, ready to pounce and punch the shit out of him. I was ready to take my revenge for everything he's done. He killed my Mum. He hurt my family. I wanted to tear his head from his pathetic body and watch the life sink from his body, turning him into nothingness.

Blake's figure disappeared again, but this time there was no point- I could smell his blood because that's something you can't hid. I swung my fist to the left, ducking under the short breeze of an arm that was ready to punch me. Blake appeared in front of me, slamming a fist in my gut. I groaned in pain, but couldn't let anything stop me.

My hands gripped his fist, lengthening my claws into his frozen flesh. I swung his arm around, slamming him against a tree. Growling, I ran towards him, watching him disappear. I slowed my movements, before a fist collided with my back, making hit the tree trunk- hard.

I slowly stood up, growling angrily. But I knew I couldn't shift- my energy wasn't enough yet and I would wear Raven out. Blake stood across the clearing, leaning against the tree, an evil smirk on his face. I saw Mason and Dad finish off the Seniors in the corner of my eye.

I was ready to end Blake. He's caused too much pain. But my hopes came crashing down when a familiar strength overpowered me, making me drop to one knee, I clenched my fists as I slammed it against the ground. Blake snickered at me.

"You know I can easily overpower you and control you, why bother at all." I looked to Mason and Dad. My Dad was covered in scratches and bruises as he rested his weight against my mate. I growled, glaring at Blake. I will not be overpowered by this dickhead who destroyed my life!

I struggled, lifting myself up off the ground. Growling, I lifted my knee up slightly, trying to ignore Blake's strength and concentrated on my own.  I slowly stood straight, glaring at Blake, whose face wrote shock and disbelief.

"What..." I gave him a smug grin before I shot over to him, upper cutting him to the chin with my fist, watching him fly through the air. He hissed in pain, sitting up. I could tell that he only had a little bit of energy left and anything powerful could be his last. Blake growled, clenching his fist before a burst of power shot towards my mate.

"MASON LOOK OUT!"