Latin for the Word...

Chapter Forty Three

Mason's POV

"Mason, Blake is still in the territory but our men haven't found any clues to his whereabouts. His scent tracks wear off quickly because his isn't completely vampire, nor wolf." I listened to Jace, trying to ignore the nurse as she pulled another needle from my flesh.

Apparently, because Blake is more dangerous than a normal vampire, his scratches on me drained most of my energy and a lot of my blood. Three scratches from a vampire could kill any werewolf.

"We need to find out where he is. Rae's still on her heat, she could die without me." I growled. "Plus, Blake is dangerous- I don't want her near him."

"I know. We've got three trackers sniffing out the territory with their men." Jace ran through some more papers in his hands, searching for any more information. "We've been training some of the warriors even more. We're getting them prepared for any attacks."

"Good. I want twenty warriors around the pack house and twenty around my home. No harm is to come to my family." I told him.

"Mason!" I heard a yell and soon Leo was sprinting in the room, "We've got a lead! We've tracked his scent and its lead to this small cottage about a mile south from here but-." Leo looked slightly worried.

"What's wrong?"

"It's surrounded by senior vampires and wolves." Leo tugged at his collar, "And its somewhere you've been before..."

"What do you-" I frowned before realising. My eyes widened as I shot from the bed, ignoring all pain and the nurse trying to stop me. "RAE!"

Rae's POV

"WHY DO YOU HAVE THAT!"

My growl echoed in the glass cell as I continued to try and break the glass. But every time I was in dismay. The glass was too strong for me to break, almost as if it was to keep something more powerful in.

Blake watched me trying and break free as he twirled the gems around in his hand, tormenting me. "These are very powerful you know. I, myself, also have one of my own." Blake produced another gem, but this time a black one.

"What are you doing with them!" I stood, glaring at him, my fists clenched by my sides.

"Once all eight of these come together, it creates something more powerful that you or I. It can be used to control time itself." Blake chuckled darkly.

"But that can cause a time space rift and destroy the world. Why are you doing this!"

"Because they took everything from me!" Blake shouted, "Just because we were different. The humans are afraid of what they don't know! I lost my entire family because they feared us!" He slammed his fist against the control panel, slamming a red button.  Four machines moved from the sides of the glass cell, pointing towards me and locking onto my body. I had no escape from them.

"Sixty five years ago that happened, I've waited that long for you to be born, an Excidium Controller. The power within you will help me unleash Irritum!"

The Latin word for... nothingness!

"I won't let you destroy the people of this world!" I snapped.

"Why?" Blake asked, glaring at me, "I they find out want you are, they'll destroy your kind as well, killing everyone you ever loved right in front of your face!"

He sounded like he was speaking from experience, but I still couldn't let him destroy the world. "You've been over powered by revenge."

"Wouldn't you?" Blake hissed. The black gem in his hand was slipped into a gap in the control panel, giving energy to the machines that surrounded me, following my every move. "Once I possess your power, I will be able to join with Irritum. I will become invincible!"

He crackled a laugh before staring back at me. I stood in the middle of the cell, unable to go anywhere else. "Let's give this a try."

One of the machines suddenly fired an electrical burst towards me, making me leap out the way. Another fired, allowing me to dodge each one. Blake sighed before pulling down a lever, a heat radiance consumed the glass before a white electrical current circled around me, trapping my arms and lifting me slightly off the ground.

I struggled to break free but the electrical trap was too strong. Blake laughed at my attempts. "There's no point in struggling. You'll never get out of there. The Excidium Gem is too powerful against your weak frame."

I growled at being called weak, groaning in my failed attempts to break the barrier. All four of the machines fired a continuous electrical current, reaching directly into my body. I yelled out, my hands slowly clenching into fists as I glared a Blake, trying not to give him the satisfaction of my pain.

The electrical flow had a sudden burst of energy, causing me to throw my head back and yell out again. Pain consumed my body as the energy drained from me, making me feel weak and exhausted. Blake's laugh was the only thing I could hear. The circular restraints around my body dropped, but I couldn't do anything against the continuous currents that fired into my body, draining me from any power I had.

 I struggled to even be in a crawl position, my eyes barely keeping open. More bursts of power were sent through the currents, forcing my veins to appear on my flesh.

Blake was trying to force a shift within me and forcing a werewolf to shift can kill them.

"Come on, little Rae-Rae. Shift." I tilted my head, keeping my struggling eyes on Blake. Growling, I tried to block the shift as best as I could. Clearly me shifting would give him more of the energy inside me because you give off more power as a wolf state. The pain continued, forcing my canines to lengthen and my hand shift to a paw. I slammed my pw against the ground, clawing at the ground.

This was like the first time I shifted. The pain. So much pain...

My snout appeared, my eyes darkened, my senses heightened.  My bones relocated, making my human form change into wolf, giving Blake all the power he needed from me. 

The power suddenly stopped, making me slump on the ground. I could feel myself slowly blacking out, the anger still travelling through my veins.

"Okay, that's enough... for today." Blake showed his teeth in a sky grin. "I will use your power and energy wisely, I can assure you that." I growled lowly, not having enough energy to even shift back into human form.

"Oh and another thing." Blake snickered, turning back around to face me, "Your mother says she loves you."

I went to give the last burst of energy I had left and use it to smash through this glass and kill the monster, but his eyes glowed hazel, forcing my mind to blank and eyes close, sending me into a dark world.