Smiling Sweetly

Past Memories

Chapter Four

Rae's POV

'The air around me was coated with anger as I watched my little sister bleed to death. I screamed out, trying to get out of the grasp of the Alpha's helper, but his grip tightened, a bit too much. A snap echoed through the air as a cry of help left me. I looked to my arm that was bent in an awkward way, pain pulsing through. I cried louder, the Alpha and his men laughed.

"What a pathetic Beta's daughter; can't even take the pain" he cooed sarcastically. Thuds where echoing around, before I was flung around, landing in a heap into a tree, a scream leaving my dry throat.

I looked up through unshed tears, watching as a small black wolf charged into the man who had broke my arm. Another grasp clutched me, a more firmer one. My heart pelted as I saw the Alpha.

"Ah, the little wittle Alpha, come to look after his pack." The Alpha grinned. I saw no one else except a young Mason, my brother who was still knocked out on the floor, my dead sister and the Alpha and his men. "So, you want to keep this girl safe?" the Alpha chuckled, "You're not doing a great job." A fist slammed down on my back, making me cry in pain.

Mason went to run forward but was stopped as an older wolf pounced on him, pinning him down. He struggled before making eye contacted with my pained orbs. He watched helplessly as the Alpha beat me senseless.

"Hmm, maybe this would do it." I heard a zip undo. I gasped, yelling out. Where were the warriors? Mason let out a furious growl, shooting from under the wolf, attacking the sick Alpha behind me. Finally I heard the howls of the pack warriors.

Another thump came down on me, making me scream out.'

I woke with a start, arms securely wrapped around my waist, "Shh," a soft voice whispered. "It's okay" My heart rate was still plummeting but relaxed when Raven noticed the voice.

I looked up to see Alpha Mason. My heart fluttered at how kind he was being. Wait what? I did not just think that! "Alpha" I bowed my head, "Thank you for saving my life" I thanked him, remembering how he knocked off that blonde wolf. I looked under the covers, checking out the four gashes that had been driven into my flesh. They had been sewn up and wrapped in a cloth. Hissing in pain, I gripped my stomach, resting my head back, almost forgetting Mason was behind me. I sat up, ignoring the pain.

"Sorry Alpha" I sighed, closing my eyes out of pain as I looked down.

"It's fine Rae." Alpha Mason spoke, pulling me back into him."Your parents visited earlier as well as my Dad."

"Did they?"

"Yeah. Your mum was in tears."

"Why?" I chuckled, "I was hardy hurt." Mason froze and looked at me blankly, "What?" I tilted my head.