Past the Goal Line

Tomboy of the Pack
[Song: Kids- OneRepublic ]

Chapter Fourteen

Rae's POV

I was awakened by the sweet smell of pancakes that flooded into my nose. My head was pounding- one too many drinks. My eyes glazed around the room, looking at my friends. Lacey was sprawled out on the big sofa whilst Leo and Josh were on the floor... hugging? I suppressed a laugh before reaching for my phone on the table in front and snapping a picture. Jace was nowhere to be seen, neither was-

Hot breath blew on my neck, making me tense. Turning around, I came face to face with Mason. His arm was above my head while his other one was wrapped around my waist, holding me close.

'How long did it take you to figure that out?' Raven snickered. I trailed my finger down his face before flicking his nose. Grunting, one of his golden eyes opened, looking at me.

*The six year old me ran over to Mason on the sofa. He was peacefully sleeping. I sat on my knees, resting my tilted head on my arms on the sofa before poking his nose. He grunted before opening his golden orbs. I grinned before I was scooped up into his hold and tickled.*

Frowning at the memory, I turned my attention back to Mason who was watching me. I pointed behind me to where Leo and Josh were, watching as Mason smirked, a small chuckle coming out. Slowly, they woke up, complaining at how their heads hurt.

"Mm, what's that smell?" Lacey mumbled, sniffing.

"Pancakes!" Josh and Leo shouted. I ran from Mason's grip and up the basement stairs. I can smell the wonderful taste of strawberries and chocolate spread! Something was suddenly shot on me, making me freeze. Opening my eyes, I glared at Jace who had let go of the water balloon that had water and flour in it. Mason was the first to laugh. Spinning around, he immediately shut up, but a grin made its way onto his face before everyone was laughing. I sprinted to Jace, dragging my mucky hands down his shirt.

"Unlucky mate." Mason chuckled.

"Oh don't worry." I smirked, rushing over to him. Mason's eyes widened before he ran around the kitchen island. Using my Nano Blood speed, I rushed over the side, wrapping my arms around his neck and my legs around his torso, covering him in the substance. He lost his balance, falling over with me on top.

Everyone was laughing.

-------------------------------------------

I ran into the changing rooms, getting ready for the football tryouts. I pulled off my clothes and slipping in some shorts, a sports bra and Chelsea football top. I hooked my Nike rucksack over my shoulder before walking out to back door to the pitch.

My teammates were all standing around, including Josh, Jace and Mason. I was the only girl on the team, but I had earned my way into it. Coach was awesome. Mr Hama had trained me since I was nine, even before I came to secondary, he used to teach at my primary.

Mason and Jace ran up to me as I threw my bag on the ground.

"You made it" Jace said, fist bumping me.

I scoffed, "I wouldn't miss this!"

"She wouldn't leave me alone anyway." Mason grinned smugly. I punched him, rolling my eyes.

"Okay team!" Coach yelled, calling us all over. We all stood in a circle around him. Leaning against one leg, I crossed my arms, listening to Mr Hama, "We have three weeks after the holidays until the tournaments start. We will be up against Lipson, so we want to win."