You Hate Hybrids

Tomboy of the Pack

Chapter Thirty Seven

Rae's POV

Hybrid.

A werewolf with on parent as a human and one parent as a wolf. Can become weak in the face of battle without an energy source. Very unusual to have a mate as a human, but that doesn't make the off spring any less dangerous than a regular wolf. Sometimes off spring may not turn wolf and will be human, dependent on weather the wolf is a higher rank and the genes stronger.

I heard a few growls from Alpha Damien's pack, watching them step forwards slightly. A man shifted, preparing to attack Jace. Snarling, I ripped myself from Mason's grasp, leaping in front of Jace, glaring at all the pack members.

"Anyone hurts him in anyway, I will KILL you!" My voice was dark, and I could feel the anger flowing through my body. My veins started to show, but I didn't care. All I cared about at the moment was the Jace was safe.

A few wolves whined in submission, stepping backwards and away from the angry she-wolf that they had unleashed.

"Is that clear?!" I snapped, making them flinch. A few bowed, running back towards their Alpha who was staring at Jace with curiosity. Dropping my stance, I turned around to Jace.  His body looked weak as he swayed.

Clearly that chain held some energy that kept himself from breaking. He's a hybrid- half wolf, half human. A werewolf is when you have both parents as wolves, but Jace obviously didn't. But his Mum and Dad is a wolf? Mason took the chain from Jace before wrapping back around his neck sighing.

Lacey was just stood there. Her eyes were covered with unshed tears as she placed her hand over her mouth- shock.

"Lacey, breath!" I rushed to my best friend's side, letting her lean against me as she inhaled and exhaled slowly.

"I told you." Jace started, staring at Lacey, "You hate hybrids. You think their not real wolves, correct?"

I bit my lip in concern. That's true. Lacey has always said that she never liked hybrids, claiming that they were weak. But Jace had obviously proved her wrong. He had never lost a battle between anyone. He was always a strong fighter which is why he is Gamma.

But the thing I still don't understand is how he is a hybrid. Jenny and Marko, his parents, are both full werewolves. So how is it that he's a hybrid?

"B-But. How?" Lacey asked, tears falling from her eyes that show so much regret and guilt towards herself, "J-Jenny and-"

"She's not my birth mother." Jace sighed, leaning against the tree before slipping down. He trailed his hands over his face before looking up, tears covering his orbs. "My Dad's real mate was human and died when she gave birth to me. Jenny is Dad's second mate. She lost her's during a battle and they fell in love naturally."

"But... Ella and Lucas?" I asked.

"They aren't my real siblings." Jace said.

"J-Jace... I'm s-sorry." Lacey cried before she sprinted into the woods, shifting into her wolf.

"Lacey!" I shouted after her but I had no response. I looked towards Jace, sighing. "Why didn't you tell me this?" Mason and I sat in front of him.