Three Days

Tomboy of the Pack
Song: Please Don't Go- Joel Adams

Chapter Nineteen

Rea's POV

My eyes filled with tears as I froze to the spot. My Mum... was dead? How, but why? Who would kill such an innocent person. It felt as if my world was crumbling and everyone in it. Raven moved me out my room and down into the dining room where everyone was. Their voices were happy, how could anyone be happy right now.

"Rae?" My watery eyes looked towards Mason.

"D-Dad?" I asked through the phone.

"R-Rae, listen to me. I need you to remember one thing." I silently nodded, though I knew he couldn't see me, "I need you to remember the coordinates, 50.42, -4.057 and the word renegades, okay? Don't ever forget that."

"I won't" I whispered, tears slowly dripping down my face. My Mum was killed, this means Dad will die too. Once someone's mate dies, they will slowly die as well, unless their mate is human.

"I love you, Rae, remember that." My Dad spoke, I passed my phone to Leo as he came over to me before I silently walked off.

"Dad?" I heard Leo speak but I ignored everything and everyone. I'm losing people I love, I can't lose Leo.

"Rae" Mason came up to me, wrapping his arms around me but I shrugged them off.

"I-I need to b-be alone, Mas." I whimpered.

"But-"

"Leave me alone!" I cried out before sprinting off. I grabbed my home keys from the key hook before putting them in my mouth and shifting into wolf.

Leo's POV

I sat frozen. I can't believe it. My Mum's been killed, and now my Dad's going to die. All I have left now is my baby sister who I need to protect with my life. I won't let anything happen to Rae.

"Leo" I flinched at hearing her voice. My mate came over and sat in front of me.

'I called her for you.' Mason's voice came through the mindlink.

"H-Hey Willow" I spoke, trying to be brave with my mate around, but she clearly wasn't having it. She sat next to me, pulling me into her chest before hugging me.

"Don't be strong, let it out Lee." She whispered to me, and soon the tears arrived. I wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her on my lap. I could feel her tense. I still haven't told her about what I am. All I know is that I love her and never want to lose her. We've hung out often since that club night. We'd get ice-cream almost every day after school.

I pulled back, watching her eyes as she ran her hand through my hair soothingly. I leaned into her touch that Aiden, my wolf, craved. He needed her presence as much as I did. I looked to her lips before moving slowly towards them, Aiden pushing me forward. Willow closed the gap before her lips connected with mine, closing her eyes.

I pulled her closer, her hands tugging my hair slightly before she pulled back, "I love you." I whispered, before I realized what I had said. "I-I mean-"

Her giggle cut me off before she lightly kissed my lips again, "I love you too, Leo." It felt like my world had been pieced together again, and with Willow, I knew that it would get better. She would help me through this. Aiden let out a soft growl, which I covered up with a cough quickly before resting my head against her neck again, letting her presence make me feel better.

Rae's POV

It had been three days. Three days since I came back home, three days since I've eaten, three days since my Mum died and the connection from her faded. I've done nothing but lay in my bed or sat in my window. My eyes are all red and puffy from crying and I haven't steeped near the shower. Everything in this house reminds me of my parents. The photos are still on the walls, their bedroom hasn't been touched from the way they let it, but their scent is slowly vanishing.

I haven't seen or heard from anyone because I've blocked everyone out and my phone is still at Mason's. My mind is blank and all I can feel is emptiness. I'll never be able to rely on my parents anymore. They'll never see my mate, they'll never be grandparents. I'll never hear my Dad's sarcasm at Mrs Ashling, or my Mum telling off my Dad.

Why Moon Goddess. Why did you let my parents die and leave me and Leo? Why is it always me that feels pain?

Leo hasn't bothered to come by, but I thank him for that. He knows that I need time to myself when things like this happen.

Slowly, I crawled out of bed, my tired feet walk me into my parents room. Their bed is neatly straight an tidy, the closet is half empty from the clothes they took. Mum's dressing table still has her jewellery and hairbrushes. My hands touch the dainty pearls that hang off the necklace hanger, listening to them jingle slightly against each other. But then something caught my attention. Lying on her desk, was the brown fabric bracelet like mine and Lucy's except hers had a heart shape on it. She's never took this off. Why would she leave this here? I slipped it on my wrist along with the others. If she let this here, does this mean that she knew something was going to happen to her?

I sighed, my brain too tired to think of anything like this. My stomach rumbled, but I couldn't eat anything, it makes me want to throw up. I slipped on a big jumper that acts like a dress on me.

'Probably because it's Mason's' Raven sighed.

My hands hid away in the sleeves, the hood hiding my mess of hair and face.

I jumped as the doorbell rang before looking out the window. It was night time, the forest being lit by the stars and moon of the night. Who would be around at this time?

I went to the door, unlocking it before seeing a familiar dark brown haired boy, his golden eyes looking up to me. I felt tears prick at my eyes before they silently fell again.

"Rae" His voice was softer than usual for he wrapped his arms around me, closing the door behind him. I collapsed of stress and anger into his arms as he picked me up and a bridal hold and carried me to the sofa, sitting down with me in his arms.

I buried my face in his chest, my hood hiding my ugly face. My hood was being removed before I saw Mason staring down at me. I looked up through unshed tears. I was crying again, I'm so weak.

"Hey, sh, I'm here for you." He whispered, hugging me tightly. My arms were loosely around his torso.

"I know" I whimpered, "Thank you"