Already Found a Weakness

Tomboy of the Pack

Chapter Thirty Five

Rae's POV

The week went by quickly; faster than what I would've wanted it to. I have been training non-stop through the week, seven hours straight a day. With Mason's help, I've become stronger, and more powerful with Raven. She has learnt to erase my pain longer, helping me when I am badly injured to defeat this Luna.

I still haven't found out her name, only that she rules Red Rangers along with their Alpha; Alpha Damien. Apparently the reason Mason didn't like this pack is because they abuse their pack members. A while back, Mason went over and found this out. The lower rank members were used as punchbags, so he brought them back to Moonlit Howlers, some even found their mates here.

I was worried. Of course I was. This was between the Luna and I- me not fully being a Luna. My body has not yet been connected with the pack like Mason, so they won't feel any pain I go through.

We were currently in the car driving into No Man's Land- a place where only rouges, hunters and vampires go. Mason was in the back with me, his arm tightly around my waist.

I knew he didn't want me to do this, I knew he was probably more afraid than me. He was afraid of losing me. But I was doing this for the pack- it was better than a war that could kill hundreds. Sighing, I looked to Mason, placing my hand on his cheek and turning his head.

He's become cold this week, his wolf obviously completely on the verge of shifting. His eyes are always darker, even if I'm around. I don't know what to do. We've spoken about this and he knows my reasons, but now that he's already marked me, its going to be more painful if I'm killed. He's hardly spoke to me other than in training, just a possessive, strict Alpha, always having his arm around my waist.

"Stop being a Shadow." I muttered, glaring at him.

"A what?" His voice was  deeper because of Ace. It made me slightly scared of him and the darker side that could be unleashed if I died. How would he be controlled if that Luna killed me. He would lose the human in him and he'd become a monster; something I don't want his pack to see.

"Shadow." I chuckled, "You know, Shadow the Hedgehog."

"How am I becoming him?"

"You're becoming dark, mysterious, serious. Something that I can't read, Mas." Mason sighed at me before pulling me up, placing his lips against mine. It was a painful kiss. Not physically but emotionally. A kind that means your afraid, scared.

"I don't want to loose you." he mumbled against my lips.

My hands trailed into his hair, tugging slightly, "You won't."

"But what if you die." Mason pulled away slightly, letting me see Ace within his eyes.

Looking away I placed my hand on his chest, directly by his heart, "I'll always be here." before I kissed him again, wrapping my arms loosely around his torso.

"Guys, as much as this is sad, could you keep your hands off each other in my car. "Jace muttered from the front seat. I pulled away, glaring at him through the mirror. Him and Lacey were staring at us through the mirrors, watching our every move as Jace drove to the meeting point. We were sat in his Porsche, Mason growling lowly at him and even my touch wouldn't calm him.

"Its not your mate who could die." he snapped, making Jace flinch.

"You have a mate?" Lacey asked, a sudden sadness in her eyes.