Don't Want to Fight Her

Tomboy of the Pack

Chapter Thirty Six

Rae's POV

She stopped in her wolf form, turning her head to the side. But...

"Maylee? Is that... you?" I asked, dropping my fighting stance.

Her bones relocated and her brown hair appeared back on her head before she frowned at me. "How do you know my name?" she growled.

"You don't remember?" I pulled my blonde hair back behind my ear, showing her the smaller strands of black that rested behind my ear, hidden by all my quills. Maylee's eyes widened before she did the same, revealing the same black strands. After, pulled up my sleeve, lifting up my arm to show the small scar on my underarm in the shape of a lightning bolt. She copied, revealing the same before her hands pulled a necklace from under her top. A gem? Like the green one I have back at the pack house? But its blue.

"Rae?" I nodded, "You made it out?!" she beamed.

A small noise came from me, "Kind of."

"Rae?" Mason's presence was felt behind me, "You know this Luna."

I nodded, watching as Alpha Damien came behind Maylee, "We were both treated the same when Blake had me, she as there." I looked into his eyes, "That's why I have blue streaks in my fur, because of the substances he injected into us, but have no idea what it was or is."

Maylee looked back to Damien, "I don't want to fight her. She helped me escape but got captured again herself. For that, I am forever grateful." Damien nodded before looking to Mason.

"We will cancel this fight. Your mate saved mine once before, I am at your aid whenever you need help." Looking at Mason, his face was still in confusion but he shook Damien's hand nonetheless and agreed. "You can come back to our pack house if you wish, so we can sort this out."

We agreed before parting our ways to the cars. I still can't believe its Maylee. I haven't seen her for over ten years and I'm still impressed that I remembered her. She was my cell mate when Blake had me captive. He would experiment on us both, injecting us with something that would make us feel drained.

*"Ah! Just a little more before you two are ready." his voice crackled through the dark cell, making us flinch. My small body felt drained from everything he had done. From the beatings, to the injecting. I tried to sit up, but my body failed me and I slumped on the floor again.

"Ah, ah, ah. Little Rae-Rae, you need to rest if you ever want your full strength to live through this powerful energy that will be transferred into your body."

"W-What are you d-doing to us?" Maylee's quiet voice asked. I had to get her out of here. She wasn't as strong as me and need saving before me. I could take more than she could.

"Just something that will make you more powerful, allowing me to extract that power from you in many painful ways!" Blake crackled again, his fearsome laugh echoing around the cell. "I just need to find those gems then I can become more powerful that you can ever imagine!"*

Mason's arm wrapped around my waist again before kissing my temple, pulling me into his side.

"How come you've never told me about Maylee?"

I shrugged, "I didn't really remember. Plus it never really came up." I frowned at the memory. My hand went to the top half of my arm, covering a section with the needles broke through my skin. I could still feel a slight pain from it whenever I thought of it.

Powerful energy? Gems? Was he talking about the gems that Maylee and I have, the green and blue one? Does this mean that there are more of them? Wait a second.

'There's a red gem like that in-' Raven was cut off by Mason.

"But-" And Mason was cut off too.

"WHAT!" I looked towards the car to where my best friends were, watching as Lacey slapped Jace across the face. Her face looked furious but her eyes had tears threatening to fall. "YOU KNEW ALL THIS TIME AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME!"

Oh boy... this ain't gonna go well. I guess Jace told her, and not carefully either.

"I was afraid Lace!" Jace answered, trying to keep his cool, placing his hand against the red mark appearing on his face. He looked rejected and defeated.

"YOU KISSED OTHER GIRLS! YOU SLEPT WITH THEM! ALL WHEN YOU KNEW I WAS YOUR MATE!" I had that feeling too Lacey.

"I know! I was stupid! But I thought that you would never love me because of the way I was and what I am!"

Wait... What?

What I am?

What does that mean?

"Oh, okay. What was so bad that I couldn't love you? What Jace!" Lacey snapped. I felt Mason tense beside me. 'He knows something.' Raven hissed.

Jace froze, closing his eyes before turning his head away. "I can't tell you."

Hmm, heard that sentence before.

"Don't. Lie." Lacey growled, "TELL ME!" Her fist were clenched and I knew that she was going to explode soon.

"FINE!" Jace snapped, lifting his head to reveal his dark, pained orbs. He pulled a chain around his neck out and yanked it off his neck harshly. That's when his scent reached my nose, making me and everyone around us freeze.

How come I never knew about this? I'm one of his best friends.

"I'M A HYBRID!"