Don't Stop Him

Tomboy of the Pack

Chapter Thirty One

Rea's POV

My mind was racing, as well as my wolf form as I teared through the forest. It was still pouring with rain, my fur soaked through.

Mason.

That wasn't Mason, much less Ace either. It was something that he can't control but with my help, just maybe he could. Raven was whining, wanting me to turn back and got to our mate. I stumbled over at a searing pain around my ankles of my front feet. They put silver cuffs on him?

Raven growled, unhappy about that. She was struggling to get control, to go back to kill the ones that hurt our mate, but I kept my barrier up, not letting the wolf control.

'Please go back. We need to help mate!' Raven whimpered.

No, I've just gotten away, I can't go back yet. I need time to myself. Going back means Mason claiming me and I'm not ready for that just yet. All the memories about us. Mason was always saving me, was always there to help me. And what he said yesterday, he didn't want me hurt by him or anything to do with him, is that what he meant?

I wanted him to tell me everything, even if it meant me hurting even more. I didn't care about this anger side that he couldn't control, all I knew was that he is mine and I am his. The Moon Goddess put us together for a reason and I want to take that chance. But what if this is another trick like the Instagram bet? What if he just wanted to play with my heart and then crush me? What if he's never there for me anymore?

'Rae, he's always been there for you. What makes you think he's suddenly going to stop?' Raven asked.

'He's a player, a bad boy, an Alpha. He could easily get bored of me.'

'And you think he thought of that when he's been around you all those years?'

I ignored Raven, focusing on my thoughts. I want to be there for him and I want to belong to him. I've never felt so sure of this in my life, but my feelings are confusing me. When he marks me, doesn't mean I'm going to completely trust him because I wouldn't be marked at my own will. Yeah, I may be letting him, but if I don't, this side of him will never calm.

I whimpered, laying down by the lake, my head under my paws as lightening strikes again.

*My small wolf form sat under a tree, the eight year old me afraid of moving because of the lightning that thundered above me. Whining, I felt a nudge from behind. Mason's tall wolf stood over me, tugging at my scruff, pulling me along.

I shook myself free from him, backing back against the tree before lightning struck above us, making me leap under Mason. 'Come on, Rae. I'm here, it won't hurt you.'*

-----------

I reached the Alpha's house, Mason's scent immediately reaching my nose. I looked down the stairs into a basement. Mason must be down there. I spent the night outside, making myself handle the thunder and lightning alone. The pain in my chest had slowly increased, especially since he almost marked me and the small scar of his canines would still be there.

"Rae" I looked to see Emerald, "You know. A soon as you go into that cell, he's going to claim you?"

I silently nodded, "Why is he like this?"

"He hasn't learnt to fully control the anger he has. I just hope that with you, he can try harder." Emerald smiled slightly.

"I'll do my best to help him."

"I know, that's why you're good for him." Emerald pulled me into a hug. I dropped everything from my mind and focused on Mason. I knew this was going to hurt, I knew it was going to be painful, but I was ready. Raven wanted this, and I wanted this.

"I'm ready."

Emerald nodded before leading me down. "We keep this cell for him when he gets like this." It was darker down here than any other cell I had been to. Emerald spoke to the guards before looking at me. I saw Mason in the cell in front. Silver cuffs were bruising his wrists as he knelt on the ground, his head bowed. It looked like he wasn't even trying to avoid the silver chains, he just seemed to let the pain go through him, through me.

I could feel the burn on his wrists. I could feel the concrete pressing against his knees as he knelt there and I could feel the pounding in his head, the ache in our hearts.

"I'll go in, don't unlock his cuffs until I tell you to." I told the guard, still looking at Mason who tensed at my voice. The guard nodded. His cell door opened, allowing me to step inside. Jace was just outside the cell along with Leo, watching closely as I stepped toward Mason, ready to leap in if he does anything.

'You know he's going to mark you Rae?' Jace spoke. I knew Jace, Emerald and Leo were worried for me. Anything could happen to me with Mason like this, he was unpredictable. The cell door closed behind me.

'Don't stop him'

I was ready for Mason to claim me, ready for his mark on my neck. I looked to my brother. He struggled a smiled at me, nodding. Leo had never appreciated boy whistling to me or kissing me and now that his sister was going to be marked, I needed to know that he was okay with it. This is so awkward with everyone watching.

I drew a breath before nodding to the guard. Mason's cuffs unlocked, and his arms fell limply to the ground. A low snarl left him, like he was ready to attack. "Rae" he spoke, the anger still evident in his voice. My body flew over to him, quickly wrapping my arms around his neck, allowing the sparks to travel through our bodies.

"I'm here Mason, I'm right here." I whispered, feeling his arms wrap around my waist, his mouth travelling towards my marking area. I could feel him loosen up at me presence, like his anger had just died and he didn't know anyone else was in the room. I bowed my head, giving him the access he needed. This was to help him. Help him control his wolf. Help me understand him better. This was for us. I could feel Mason sitting down, his legs straight out as mine were either side of him.

I was afraid. Afraid of the feeling of love that was travelling through my veins, something that I had never experienced for someone, especially not someone like Mason. I was afraid of the mark he was about to give me, a mark that would make me his mate, his Luna.

I could feel his lips kissing down my neck, past the hickey he gave me, making my breathing hitch. I was going to allow him to do this. I was no longer going to be me, I was going to be half of me because once his teeth sink into my neck, it won't be just me. It will be us.

His teeth pierced my flesh, making a whimper leave my lips and my arms wrapping tighter around his neck. My eyes shut tightly, letting Mason continue with the mark. The pain slowly dimmed down, making my body feel drained. Mason's teeth detached from my neck, pulling me into a bridal hold. Looking up, my mate was staring down at me, his eyes full of so many emotions and his sharp canines with drops of my blood on them.

I'm marked. I've been claimed by the Alpha of the Moonlit Howlers.