A Gamma to Deal With

Tomboy of the Pack

Chapter Thirty Three

Rae's POV

I stared at Mason, awaiting his answer.

Maybe I'm just being anxious but all I know is that Jace is treating Lacey the same way as Mason did to me. He's always around her, always watching her and always listening to her. Maybe he won't be so hard to forgive because he wasn't a complete dork but its still going to hurt her. Lacey likes people being honest with her.

Only the male Alpha's, Beta's and Third in Command's would feel their mate at fifteen, which I find completely unfair. Why males?

"Mason" I snap, wanting my answer. Mason flinched, "Is Jace Lacey's mate."

Glaring at my mate, I watched him sigh in defeat, "Yes. Jace is Lacey's mate"

"What!" I growled, pushing him away from me and sitting up, "So you're telling me that both you and Jace have lied to Lacey and I?"

Mason sat up and looked at me. "It's not lying, Rae, its fear."

"How is it fear when you were lying and Jace is still lying?"

"Rae, Jace is afraid of rejection, just like I was." Mason looked me pointedly in the eyes. Rolling my eyes, I stood up and walked to my bedroom door, "Where are you going."

"I have a Gamma to deal with."

"No, wait-" Mason tried to stop me but I had already gone, sprinting down to the lounge. I could hear everyone laughing and playing on the Xbox or PlayStation.

"Jace." I snapped watching his had whip around to face me, "May I speak to you?"

Mason came beside me while Jace raised an eyebrow, I growled, "Don't make me come over and get you."

Jace immediately got moving, passing his controller to Lacey. I gripped his arm, dragging him down the stairs and outside. "Ow, fuck. For a girl, you have a mean grip." Jace complained when I let go.

I crossed my arms, glaring at the Gamma, "When are you going to tell Lacey."

"W-What?" Jace asked like he couldn't believe the words coming from my mouth.

"When are you telling Lacey that you're her mate?"

Jace glared at Mason who raised his hands in surrender, "We had a deal, man." Mason pointed to me, his eyes widening.

"She figured it out!"

"Jace, I swear to God, you wait until her birthday like this dork, I will personally make sure you don't make babies."

"This dork?" Mason mumbled and pointed to himself.

"Why?"

"Its betrayal. Especially when everyone knows except you." I glared at Mason who frowned at me. "Lacey likes trust and honesty, if you can't show her that now, she won't accept you then, trust me"

This would be true. Lacey always told me, no matter who her mate was, if he knew before her and didn't tell her, she wouldn't accept them as her mate.

"Wouldn't accept me?" Jace's face showed hurt and rejection.

"No, he's lucky I forgave him." I pointed to Mason, "But Lacey won't. She's always dreamt of the perfect mate, if you hurt her, I swear to God I will end you. Best friend or not." I glared a him as he gulped.

Jace nodded. "Lacey's birthday is in three weeks, you better tell her at least two weeks before."

"I know," he sighed, "But its difficult. I'm afraid of her rejecting me."