My Luna Will Not Fight

Tomboy of the Pack
[Song: Hands off My Heart- MKTO ]

Chapter Sixteen

Mason's POV

I stared at the girl in my arms, unable to believe this. She's drunk.

'She said she's falling for us.' Ace spoke, shocked.

'No' I muttered, 'She's drunk.'

'People speak the truth when they're drunk, ever thought of that?' Ace hissed.

"Well." Jace started, "This will be a fun story to tell."

"Yeah, she'll never believe she said that" Lacey giggled.

"Thanks Lace." I say, while she just laughed. I take the keys from Rae's pocket before unlocking her Audi, slipping her into the passenger seat. I drove us back home, my mind whirling around of all the possibilities. She was drunk.

'But you know that most people who're drunk say the truth. You just can't admit it to yourself that she's eventually falling for you, which is something you've always been uncertain of. You don't want her to be yours because you don't want to hurt her.'

She is drunk.

'You don't want to remember her face when you told her you hated her. You don't ever want to see that again but you don't want to reject her. You don't know how to feel because you want to be there for her and to protect her. You don't want anything bad to happen to her. You promised her parents, your parents and yourself that.'

She'll reject me.

'You don't want her to reject you because you want to be with her, you need her and you feel it. But you want her to reject you because you don't want her seeing the other side of you, but that side she can tame and relax, she is the only chance you have to calm that side of you.'

She can't be mine. I'll hurt her.

'You're only afraid of what you don't know. You want to tell her, but you know she won't believe you because of the person you've made yourself become. The 'player', the 'bad boy', the things that she doesn't understand yet loves about you. The thing is you think she'll change you but she won't. She wants to help you.'

'Why don't you shut the fuck up, Ace!' I growled.

I turned into Rae's parking space before carrying her sleeping form. Her head snuggled into my chest, resting on my pectoral. I went straight to her room, laying her head on the pillow and pulling the covers over her before walking backwards and away from her.

Walking into the lounge, my father rose from the chair.

"Don't say a word about that pack." I snapped.