Chapter 1: Jerk-face

Chloe on the side.

Chloe's POV.

"He's not."

"He is too."

"He's not."

"He's too."

"He's not."

I glare at my so called best friend and say very slowly this time, so hopefully she'll understand,"Erika you're supposed to agree with ME not HIM."

"And I totally would. Really. But you're wrong. Josh is not a jerk. And in my opinion, I think you should be a bit more grateful that you got someone as hot as him to be your partner in the games." Erika replies in a matter of fact kinda tone.

Ahhhhh!

I harshly rip my brown hair out of my face in frustration directed not only at one jerk face of a guy, an un- understanding best friend, but also at the crazy wind blowing across my face as Erika zooms across the los Angeles highway. I usually don't hate the wind, I like it most days. But today isn't like most days. Nooo way. Today I'm the rare emotion of mad. I had a horrible encounter with a guy from the past, and my best friend is taking his side over me. Her best friend of fourteen years.

Sigh.

This should have been expected. Erika always agrees with the guy if he's hot. And since Josh is the definition of hot, you'd think I'd have the brains to know this argument is a waste and let the topic drop. But again, nope. That's not the way I work when I'm angry.

"Erika. I. WAS. THERE! I KNOW he's jerk!" I growl, barring my non-existent wolf fangs.

She just rolls her brown eyes at me and continues driving like our fight isn't worth her time.Which I totally agree with; our fight is stupid and immature.

We don't fight often, our friendship is the easy going type. Hence why we're usually on the same page about most things. Yet today somehow manages to be different, and in the worst way possible too. To think it all started about two hours ago, thirty minutes after I arrived at The Norm Games studio.

*********

The part of the TNG studio I'm in is simple and plain. It has no windows of any kind, just lifeless grey walls that stretch up to the high ceiling. The room is scarcely decorate with a posh stage in the front of it. A few wooden steps lead up to the stage. Twelve chairs, placed in one straight row, gaze at the man standing on the stage.

"Welcome everyone." The young man taps his microphone, immediately getting twelve pairs of eyes to focus on him solely. "Take a seat and we shill get started." At his words, as if we were playing a game of musical chairs, everyone in the room rushes to find a seat. Unsurprisingly, I'm the last to plant my butt down on a chair. Tiny people problems. "For those of you who don't know me, I'm James Nite, and I'll be in charge of the games this year/season." James pauses, smiles at us, and looks around the big grey room for a second. I take this time to admire his tall muscular frame. His almond brown hair is cropped very short and is shiny in an unrealistic kinda way. He has a sharpe square jaw that would make him seem like a strict granny if his mud brown eyes weren't sqinted in this playful way. His light pink lips stretch across his smooth looking face, their thinness only adding more to the strict aura. "I have chosen your partners for you and no; you're not allowed to switch or get a new partner." With that said, James Nite starts naming partners.