Chapter 7: Facts and Things

Chloe's POV

I'm so tired of looking stupid just because I know nothing about TNG. Is it a crime that it  got nothing on shopping? If it was a bit more interesting than maybe I'd have watched it but, sadly it isn't.

Now here I'm in my boring mint green room laying down and searching up facts about a show that puts people to sleep instead of well I don't know. Keeping them awake?

I tap the search key on Google and type in the first question that comes to my mind: How did the games start?

My phone screen literally blows up with links the instant I tap the enter key. I click the first blue link that I see.

The link leads me to a site called the 'The norm games facts and things.' Wow! That must have taken a ton of time to think of!

Hey there! Thank you for clicking on my site! I bet your here because you have questions about the norm games or want to learn interesting facts about them!

Duh! Why else would I be here?!

Well I'm gonna tell you everything I know!

Then get to it already.

I'll start us off with the simplest yet most popular question, it's usually asked by the rich that get selected: How were the games invented? And how can I un-invent them?

I don't know how to un-invent the games but I do know how they were invented.

The games were invented originally by Fredrick McSaw. McSaw - a norm -had the idea in 1865 a few month after a rich teenager by the name of Gregory McGee run him over with his mustang and didn't stop to make sure he was ok or anything.

Over the next few years McSaw studied rich teens's behavior and found out that they tended to be meaner and wilder. They were always breaking the rules and bullying other kids that they thought didn't meet their standards.

McSaw knew this needed to end, so he came up with the equivalent, or what we know today as the norm games.

The equivalent was a trip that rich  from the ages of 16-19 would take. The trip would take a total of 30 days, and in those days the rich kids would get to experience a 'normal' life with all its ups and downs.

In 1869 he presented this idea to the council of America.  The council laughed at his idea and told him to never speak of it again or he would be hanged.

McSaw went back home and locked up his idea in a chest, dug a deep hole in his backyard and dropped the chest into it. He never talked about his idea again.

Almost 100 and 15 years later a rich Archaeologist by the name of Rudolph McVeigh Found McSaw's chest and all the ideas inside of it.

McVeigh took the chest home and read over it. Deciding that he liked the idea, McVeigh spent the next year modify McSaw's idea by making a few changes like changing the name, making it a tv show instead of a trip, And changing the time it would last from a month to a year.

Unlike when McSaw presented his idea, The council didn't not laugh or threat McVeigh when he presented. They instead approved his idea and helped him plan how it would work.