Chapter 9: Ungrateful witch

Please don't forget to vote, comment and share:)

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Chloe's POV

We all either know or are those weird people that purposely get up at the crack of dawn just to take a two mile run as the sun rises.

I'm not one of those people. My best friend is through.

I got up at 5am in the morning, but it wasn't on purpose: I had to go pee. I didn't try going back to sleep afterwards, this happens a lot and I can never fall back a sleep no matter how hard I try to.

Unlike what Erika would have done, I didn't go for a run either because that's just pure torture. Instead I re-watched my favorite Dylan O'brein movie The first time.

The movie sadly ends at 6:40am giving me 10 minutes to get dressed and 10 for a quick breakfast before I gotta start my walk to college.

Getting up from my bed I walk towards my barely there closet and pick out a pair of blue cut off jean shorts and a grey crop top. The closet used to have a thin black mid thigh dress, but it tore in half and now it's lying down on the floor.

Quickly taking off my black skinny jeans and plain white shirt, I pull on the shorts and snug crop.

After untangling my hair from my mess of a french braid I walk towards the kitchen and try to find something to eat in the cabinets. Finding nothing great besides blueberry pop-tarts and a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch in the cabinets I decide to look in the fridge hoping it will be less disappointing than cabinets.

The fridge was the right choice!

Isn't always?

Good point.

Taking out the chocolate cake from the other day, I sit on a stool and enjoy the heavenly food without Josh telling me I sound like a pig when I obviously don't.

I'm so caught up in eating that I don't hear the front door open and E.T. entering.

"I don't know about England but, here in America it's considered rude to pay more attention to your cake than your guest." E.T. says while arching a dark eyebrow at me. He's pulling off the I-just-woke-up morning look with wrinkled grey sweat pants completed off with a blue university of California hoodie.

Not the best look but it works as long as he doesn't go out in public.

"I think it's rude everywhere, but can you really blame me? This cake is seriously bae, plus I don't remember inviting you over." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Rude but true. You didn't invite me over, Josh did." My heaven falls out of my mouth as I bend over laughing. Josh inviting E.T. over? Pa-lease!The moon and stars would collide before that happens.

I manage to get my laughter under control enough to say, "That's the worst lie of the century. Josh would never invite you over on his own free will." We have barely known E.T. for two days but, it's clear Josh really,really dislikes him.

"Yes he would. He likes me. It's just deep inside of him." E.T. says as if it's that simple.

"If there is any chance he likes you, he's either hiding it very well or its not there at all." I reply getting up from my stool and taking the cardboard that was under my cake to the black trash can.