Chapter 6

I woke up with a sigh, running my hand over my face as I thought about yesterday. Straddled him, and asked him to kiss me? I was letting my lust and desires get the better of me. I shook my head as I climbed out of bed, quickly moving to the bathroom.

I held on to the counter, looking at my reflection. Since when did I have to put any effort into getting sex? Not being cocky or anything, but I had a reasonably appealing figure, and a face to pair.

I sighed, licking my lips and getting into the shower. When I was done, I pulled out a pair of dark washed jeans, a white shirt and converse. I never went over the top with my clothing choice.

I checked the time, I was going to be late. Who cares? I grabbed an apple, chewing on it as I climbed into my car. I huffed, turning on the ignition and pulling into the streets.

My brows furrowed when I saw Harry walking out of his house, standing at the front. I could barely recognize him, under all those layers of clothing when I'd seen him shirtless. I pulled up at the side, rolling my window down to tell him to get in.

"My friend's picking me up."

"You're going to be late." I reminded him, knowing it would get him to join me.

"I'm okay, thank you." I frowned, but nodded and branched off into the streets again. He was still shaken up by yesterday. I sighed as I pulled into the school park, wondering who Harry would be riding with.

I pulled my phone out, quickly typing.

Me: Hey, look, I'm really sorry about yesterday. I don't know what came over me.

After a few minutes, his reply came through. I'd been waiting for next period, so I wouldn't interrupt a teacher.

Harry: No need to apologize

"Hey," I called to Bianca as I slipped into a seat beside her, looking across the room at Harry. He seemed to have been looking at me, holding my gaze for a second before looking away when the teacher walked in.

"Alright, today, we will be focusing on a project. We're focusing on expressing emotion. You'll work in pairs, each group with a different topic of feeling. I expect beautiful essays. I will not restrict you." The class filled with groans, and we waited for her to give us our pairings. "As I said, I will not restrict you. Pick your partner. Soemone who brings out your poetic side. Whether anger, or love. This is important for your grades, so pick wisely."

I bit my lip, glancing at Harry who had his head hung low. I stifled a laugh, he was probably hoping she'd pair people up so he would actually get someone to work with, whether the person was willing or not.

"You're alone on this one. I hate essays," Bianca groaned, rolling her eyes as she turned to face me. She was a real bitch, sometimes, and I had no idea why I hang out with her.

"I'm not pairing with you." I stated,"Find someone who would be willing to work solo in a duo." I raised my brows at her, making her scowl.

"And who exactly are you pairing with, then?"

I didn't have to think before answering,"Harry." I simply said, and she laughed. Actually laughed, a thigh smacking, tears falling laugh. I frowned at her,"What's so funny?"

"That you care so much about your grades that you'd be willing to use that nerd. It's never that big of a deal."

I scowled, standing quickly and moving to Harry before I made a scene. That was absolutely uncalled for, and I had no idea what her problem with him was.

I let out a breath, tapping his shoulder lightly. Harry flinched away from me, looking up with wide eyes.

"Ami?" He asked unsurely.

"Hey," I said, slipping into the empty seat beside him,"I was thinking we could work on this together?" Harry's eyes widened, and his mouth opened.

"You want us to partner up?"

"Sure sounds like it." I said with a tight smile, trying not to sound rude.

"That's perfect, thank you."

"Thank you?"

"Uh, a lot of people are glaring at me right now. So, I'm guessing by choosing me you're turning a lot of people down." He muttered with a light blush. I think that was the longest statement he'd ever said to me. I chuckled lightly at him.

"They'll get over it," I smiled, leaving my head on my palm as I examined him. "I'm Amelia Raid."

"I know your name," Harry whispered softly, and I looked intensely at him,"You're rather popular." A smile broke onto my face, and I grinned at him as I pulled a book out.

"Am I?" I asked,"Harry?" I waited for him to finish for me, but as I licked my lips, I noticed Harry glance at them, a moment too long. And, he gulped, turning away from me with his face flushed as he bit his lip. He was making me feel hot, he was doing things to me.

"I'm Harry Styles. I'll bet you didn't know that." He chuckled,"If you've ever heard of the freak or the nerd, this is he." I chuckled lightly, leaning in close to Harry's face.

"For the record, I think you're a rather hot nerd." I smirked, pulling back as I watched his flustered face. I looked up when I heard Ms. Clark's heels hit the ground close to me, turning to look up at her. Her eyes narrowed at us, and she looked between us.

"Two different people from two different worlds, drawn to each other. Attraction." And with that, she left, leaving Harry and I thinking about how to write on such a topic. The way she'd eyed us, as though, she'd given us the perfect topic. One we could relate to.

"When did she say it was due?" Harry asked.

"I expect a lot from you. I want you to get into contact with your true feelings, and pour your hearts out into this essay. I'm giving you two weeks, which is rather generous." She muttered the last part to herself, walking back to her table when she'd given each pair a topic.

I glanced at Bianca, seeing her text with her phone in the desk while a boy beside her wrote with concentration.

"How's this going to work?" Harry asked in his low voice. It scared me how he changed so effortlessly, clothing and voice.

"I'm thinking an hour, Monday and Wednesday for two weeks, when I've dropped you off?" There were two requests, that I'd come over from Monday to Thursday to study, and that I'd drop Harry off from school as a routine.

"You think four meetings would be enough to get this done with?" He asked, accent thick.

"You're right. Include Friday, is that okay?"

"Great," Harry smiled.

"And I'm giving you a ride home after school?"

"If that's okay with you, I'd be more than grateful."

"That's perfectly fine with me, Harry Styles." I grinned, his surname rolling perfectly off my tongue. Ami Styles sounded nice. I'm joking. Maybe.

His eyebrows furrowed and he asked,"Am I like, going to do this alone and hand it in for both of us?" He blushed.

"Of course, not." My eyes narrowed at him at the question, thinking of the number of times people had probably left him to do the work on his own when they were paired.

"Alright," Harry dragged the word with a hint of a smile, writing at the top of his paper,'Attraction' in bold letters,"Let's get started then."