Chapter 36

A smile pulled at my lips as I traced my fingers lightly against Harry's chest. His heartbeat was erratic and it made me grin like fool, pressing a soft kiss to his smooth skin.

"Say it," He whispered.

"I love you, Harry. I love you, I love you, I love you. I repeated, now moving up to straddle him. His grin was contagious, and I smiled up at him. His eyes grew dark when I rolled my hips against his, and I bit my lip, nodding for some reason even I didn't know. I kissed his cheek, fishing his phone from the nightstand.

"Your phone's ringing." I smiled up at Harry, and his expression grew confused. His brows creased when he grabbed the phone from me, pressing the device to his ear.

"Mum?" He rasped, making me squeeze my legs together. "No, no. I'm with Amelia." He bit his lip, looking down at me while his fingers ran down my waist. And then, an idea hit me. It had me grinning mischievously.

I rolled my hips against Harry's, and his eyes grew wide as he peered down at me. His breath hitched in his throat as I circled my hips against him, lips moving to his neck to suck. He squirmed beneath me, subtly trying to push me away. I raised my head to his, kissing the corner of his lips.

"M-mum, can I call you b-back?" Harry mumbled shakily. I tugged a fistful of his hair back, and Harry skillfully covered up his moan with a cough. "Just fine, mum." He whispered with closed eyes when I took his nipple between my teeth. I pulled on it, grinding my hips against Harry's. His eyes rolled to the back of his head while he mumbled incoherent words to his mum,"P-please m-mum, I'll call y-you, oh God, I'll call you back."

And that was the last I saw of Harry's phone.

I was aggressively pulled down, mouth immediately finding Harry's with every bit of urgency known to the human race.

"We have 8 minutes." I whispered against his mouth, smiling when I heard his response.

"Then, make it count."

Punch after punch after punch. My wrists burned, but I refused to stop. Impossible. Not when the memory was imprinted in the back of my head, fueling me to give punch after punch after punch.

"Amelia, that's enough."

I ignored Harry's stern voice, shaking off my wrist before delivering another punch. The bag swayed, and I waited almost impatiently for it to return so I could deliver another punch.

"Amelia, your knuckles are bleeding." He screamed. Left kick, right kick. I did a 360, meeting the bag halfway with a perfectly delivered punch. I grunted when I felt a pair of familiar arms circle around my waist and pull me back. "I said, that's enough."

-A few hours earlier-
I groaned as I pulled away from Harry, rolling my eyes at whoever was banging the wood out of my door. Jesus, I was almost sure the person's knuckles must have been bruised.

"Who is it?" I called, no response. I turned back to see Harry walking behind me with a look, brows furrowed and lip between his teeth. "Who's there?" I questioned again.

I cracked the door open and peeped out, peering at the oddly attractive man at my door. He blinked lightly and swallowed, and then a sinister smirk came over his face as he pushed his way into the house.

"The sister, huh." I sucked in a breath when he placed his hand on my cheek, gripping my face somewhat gently. I felt Harry's hand on my waist, tugging me back ever so slightly. "You're pretty."

I was pulled back, and then my body was blocked by Harry's. He stood protectively in front of me, squaring his shoulders and looking up at the man in front of us.

"Oh," He groaned,"Let me see the little beauty."

The man sighed, shaking his head at us while I peeped over Harry's shoulder.

"Uhm, who are you?" I whispered quietly from behind Harry, though my voice was muffled by his shirt.

"Who am I?" He smiled,"Who am I?" He chuckled darkly. He took another step towards us, and I flinched, gripping Harry's shirt tighter in my hands. He sighed at my reaction and shook his head. "Let Scott know that Drew stopped by," He smiled,"And his uncle George is not happy."

-Now-
"Harry," I mumbled as I looked up at him from my spot on the counter. He was dressing my lightly slit knuckles. Apparently, you can't hit at a punching bag an hour, thirty minutes nonstop. Who knew?

I hissed quietly at the sting of whatever he was applying, and Harry looked up at me with an apologetic look before returning to his job.

"Amelia," He responded quietly.

"I'm scared." I whispered. It felt good to finally admit it out loud. I was scared shitless. Heck, I was more scared than I'd ever been before. And, I was clueless as well.

These people, they knew where we lived. They knew everything they had to know. They had everything they needed to end us.

"I won't let anyone hurt you, Amelia." I heard Harry whisper, his arms circling my waist as he pulled me to him and kissed my forehead lightly.

I bit my lip,"And Scott?"

They beat him up before. And only God knows how many times it's happened, before and after he was brought to the hospital that I was called to.

My heart was beating out of my chest,"They're going to kill him, Harry. Oh, God. They're going to kill him." I wiped feverishly at my tears and stared at my reflection in the mirror.

"Amelia, calm down. Please." He breathed quietly,"Whatever happens I'm here for you, okay? I love you. Don't forget that." Harry whispered and kissed my temple. A few tears run down my face, and I sighed quietly.

"What if they kill me? What if they kill me to get under Scott's skin?" I bit my lip while I stared at Harry. "God, I don't even want anything to do with this family business." I shook my head. "What if-"

"They'll have to kill me first, Amelia. Nobody is going to hurt you."

And I tried, I tried to believe Harry. But nothing was wiping away the feeling in my gut.
Someone was going to die.