Chapter 12

The car ride home was quiet, the air around us was thick. And it was suffocating me. I traced circles lightly on the back of Harry's hand, and slowly, his breathing became normal.

The day after Ross had made a fuss about beating Harry up was uneventful, and so was the next. Eventually, everyone forgot about it. Then, just like that, out of nowhere.

"Y-your place,"He whispered as we neared his house. I nodded, shushing him quietly.

When we got to my place, I quickly opened the door, running to Harry's side to get the door for him. He was already out, leaning against the car for support.

The sight of the beaten boy was repulsive, and it hurt so much to see anyone like this. Much more, a harmless guy like Harry. I pulled him to the bathroom in my room, glad he could walk without help now, though with a slight limp.

"Just push yourself up on the counter, okay?"

Harry puffed out a breath, groaning a bit as he did what I asked while I gathered all the stuff I'd need to clean him up. I placed my first aid kit beside Harry. I looked up at him, flinching as he flinched when he pulled his hood off his head.

"Harry, stop moving." I whispered.

He nodded stiffly. I raised his head to mine, examining his bruises. His nose had stopped bleeding, but the blood was smeared across his face, above his lip which was bust open as well. He had a black eye, and there was a lump on his jaw with little cuts on his cheek. Oh, God, this was just his face.

I sucked in a breath when Harry pushed my hand away when I pushed the cloth with alcohol against the cuts on his cheek.

"Harry, you need to let me clean them."

He breathed in deeply,"Sorry, it stings."

I nodded, pressing the cloth against his cheek again, placing my hand on his thigh to keep him from squirming. That did it. Harry stayed in place as I cleaned his wounds, tracing light circles since it seemed to calm him down in the car.

I stuck two rolled wet tissues into Harry's nose, and I smiled as he giggled lightly with a blush. He seemed to have relaxed, and he hummed quietly to a song, not even hearing me as I called him.

"Harry,"

"Hm? What?" He looked back at me, he blushed when he realized he'd zoned out. "Oh, sorry."

"I need you to take your clothes off."

His eyes widened, and he blushed deeply. I realized how that must have sounded and I chuckled,"No, just your hoodie. I need to check your-" I cleared my throat,"Your chest for any bruises."

Harry blushed, pulling his hoodie as well as the black t-shirt underneath off. My breath caught in my throat at the sight, still clearly not used to how fit he was under that hoodie. Harry cleared his throat to draw my attention and pulled his glasses off,"Amelia?"

Don't look into his eyes, come on, Ami, be strong. Okay, just a tiny peak.

My Lord, Harry was beautiful. With his hair in a loose bun, a black eye that somehow complimented his forest green eyes. Tiny cuts littered his cheeks, and his usually sharp and straight jaw now had a bump along the line. His face was shiny from having been cleaned. Nevertheless, this shy and awkward boy was breathtaking.

I shook my head to get rid of the thoughts when Harry called me a second time. I shut my eyes as I tried to regain my composure. His torso didn't have any cuts, just big red spots around his waist. I picked a clean bandage and wrapped it around his waist, pinning it when I was done. He still needed ice for his eye, but other than that, I was done.