Chapter 27

"Jesus Christ, Harry. Are you fucking crazy?" I screamed in a shriek, grabbing the steering wheel and swerving the car back into the right lane, and away from the on-coming vehicles.

"Amelia, I can't do it. This is crazy, I'm absolute shit at driving."

I rolled my eyes,"You're lucky this is your car, not mine. I swear if we ever do this with my car and I find a scratch, I will personally castrate you."

"Would you, really, Amelia?"

I blushed lightly, hitting at his arm which resulted in the car diverting, but hey, he was doing alright.

"Don't you think we should have limited this to a more quiet area?" He glanced at me,"You know I'm just learning." He said, biting his lip.

"Hey, you're doing it." I noted with a smile, and soon, a smile pulled at Harry's lips too as he mumbled "I am."

He was doing great driving through the quiet streets, but when we got to the highway, he was a disaster. No offense.

"Hey," Harry called softly as he took the turn to drive us back home. I shifted in my seat and turned to face him, his brows furrowed.

"Mm?"

"Did Scott tell you why he was at the hospital? I don't want to know what happened. Just if he told you?" He questioned, glancing at me as he switched lanes smoothly.

He was doing pretty good.

I looked away from his questioning gaze. I didn't want to know. I'd rather not.

I shook my head,"I- I haven't asked. Whenever he brings it up, I just change the topic. I don't know."

"Why? You don't wanna know?"

"I'm just scared, Harry." I whispered, thoughts flashing through my mind on what the problem could possibly be.

Harry sighed softly, intertwining our fingers and placing them in his lap. I shut my eyes lightly, feeling his thumb gently stroke against the back of my palm. His touch was barely there, almost ghostly, but the feeling was intense and hot and sweet at the same time.

"Amelia, it could be something serious. You need to talk to him. He almost died." Harry said, making my heart skip a beat at the thought of my brother being dead. "Talk to him." He stated,"For me."

I sighed and let out a huff, looking through the window. Harry still held my hand as thoughts flooded my brain.

It wasn't long before Harry's house came into sight, but he suggested that we went to mine instead, and I shrugged.  I couldn't care less where we were as long as we were together.

Gross, right? I know.

"Harry," I groaned.

He turned to me and rolled his eyes,"What is it Amelia?"

I sighed and raised my arms,"Up." I whispered

He looked like he was debating something in his head, finally sighing and giving in. He huffed quietly and bent his knees, waiting for me to jump on.

I grinned wickedly, in that moment, I didn't give a shit about how much I weighed. I happily climbed his back, and his arms hooked beneath my thighs to keep me in place.

"Where to, my princess?"

I blushed furiously and nuzzled my face into Harry's neck, breathing in his beautiful smell. I seriously needed to steal a few of his hoodies. Maybe just like one, two, a dozen.

I shrugged at the thought but pointed up the stairs, and Harry groaned loudly, obviously wishing I'd just picked the living room. I almost felt bad for making him carry me up the stairs but hey, he asked.