Chapter 14

The next two days, I spent with Harry. No, I did not stay the whole day and night with him for two days. But, I went over to his on Saturday, as well as Sunday.

Nothing happened, unfortunately. I spent my time making Harry breakfast, keeping him in bed all day, watching tv with him. I'd make us lunch and dinner, hell, I even did the dishes.

"C-could you l-lay with me?" Harry whispered quietly, eyes widening as he watched me from across the room. It was late, quite late, and I'd been waiting for Harry to fall asleep before I went back to my place.

I smiled, walking to the shy boy who was wearing nothing but sweatpants, placing my head over his slightly red but healing chest. He hesitantly wrapped his arm around me, and I smiled harder, because no matter how little of an action it was, Harry had boldly taken a first step. Kind of.

I walked over to Bianca, pulling out the seat beside her and returning the quiet hi. I looked over at Harry's empty seat, now now now, don't get any ideas.

No, he isn't getting killed by Ross.

I'd actually forced Harry to stay home, just to get some rest and make sure his wounds and bruises had healed perfectly before getting himself back into something as involving as school.

Sure, he'd been fine for the past two days. Maybe I was being irrational, but I just thought, especially considering, for the past two days, Harry would suddenly experience sharp pain in his lower abdomen out of the blue.

For a second, I thought he was a girl on her period having cramps with the way he groaned and clutched his stomach. Then, he pulled his shirt off to check the bruise around his waist, and my my, he couldn't have been a girl.

All his other bruises had faded, but the bruise around his waist was rather turning a weird purple color. Whenever Harry saw me taking note of it, he'd turn around and whisper at me not to look at it, and tell himself that it was disgusting.

I can't lie, it was disgusting. But then sure, the bruise was turning a disgusting color in the process of fading, but it seemed to me as if Harry had rather been talking about himself.

I'd sneakily walk to Harry and wrap my arms around his waist, placing my head on the large expanse of his back. His muscles would tense slightly, then relax once he'd gotten used to the unfamiliar position.

At some point, Sunday evening, I'd managed to place a kiss on Harry's dark bruise. His eyes widened, and he flushed so deadly bright, pushing me away and stumbling a million steps backward. I giggled at his reaction, quickly murmuring an apology in case it'd made him uncomfortable.

Missing one day of school couldn't possibly affect Harry right? He was an A student, I was almost sure even the teachers didn't mind. Okay maybe not one day, two actually. Okay, three, but hey, two of those weren't even my fault.

One he'd gotten freaked out after knocking someone out, and then two, he'd gotten jumped as payback. Two extremely logical reasons. Not really.

Surprisingly, Anne had agreed to this. Mainly because she was going on a trip, and couldn't have possibly been gladder to spend another day with Harry.

"Hey, you listening to me?" Bianca asked, snapping her fingers in my face.

"I'm sorry, what?" I whispered, turning back to see her and Calvin staring back at me with confused expressions.

"What?"

"She's thinking about the nerd," Calvin whispered to Bianca. But I smiled when I noticed his playful tone and the grin on his face. I rolled my eyes at them, picking at my food as I thought about the curly haired boy.