Chapter 11

A week had passed since the incident at Harry's house, and he wouldn't even look at me. We had met once to finish our essay, but during that session, he wouldn't even talk to me.

It was killing me.

I didn't even do anything wrong, I think. I was just guarding my heart. And that's exactly what Harry was doing now as well. I didn't think Harry had any feelings for me whatsoever, but on the other hand, neither did I.

I chose to believe that Harry simply wasn't ready to have an on and off friend. That day, it was the strong desire to kiss him and rip his clothes apart that made me push him away. I didn't want to give Harry the wrong idea, and I wasn't about to let myself fall for him.

My mind drifted to the days where I starved myself, locked myself in a room and cried. Because of a boy. I was not about to let that happen again.

I had to stop this before it even started. But why was it hurting me so much? Harry and I made fine friends. He was adorable, playful, and I loved the blush that covered his cheeks when I let out an inappropriate comment during our tutoring sessions.

I loved his innocence and how quick his body would respond to me. I loved how flustered he got when his hips would buck into mine. I just wanted us to be friends. But I felt like I couldn't do that without leading him on.

I groaned, my head hitting the table with a thud as I dropped my head. I rolled my eyes at at the stupid Maths teacher, huffing as I quickly pushed the paper into my bag.

This was my third D minus in a row since Harry stopped tutoring me. I had gone from Ds to a B and then a B plus, all the way down to a D minus.

I glanced at the boy with the hoodie over his head. From where I sat, I noticed his lightly furrowed brows as he watched my reaction. Harry turned immediately our eyes met, and he played with his fingers.

Harry was first out of the door when the bell went, and I walked quietly with Bianca to our next class. The day rolled past with my conscience eating at me to talk to Harry.

Not only for my grades, but I genuinely missed the green eyed boy with curly hair and well defined abs behind all those clothes.

"Harry," I called, running up to him. His eyes widened when he saw me coming up to him. And the girl standing beside him followed his eyes to me. It was the same girl who said she liked him. My jaw clenched as she took his hand and pulled him the other way.

He walked a few steps, then turned back to me for a second, turning back as soon as our eyes met. I pulled my bag closer to my body and walked to my car. Why did I have to get myself into this mess?

I saw Harry nod at the girl, and then, she leaned in. Don't you dare kiss her, Harry Styles. Don't do it. Harry blushed and turned a bit, so her lips touched his cheek instead.

I sighed contently, driving out of the school as Harry entered Liam's car. My fingers tapped lightly at the steering wheel and I glanced at Harry's house when I drove past it. Anne stood with her back against her car, probably waiting for Harry, I supposed.

If I only wanted Harry and I to be friends, why didn't I want that girl to kiss him? I knew aside a friendship, there was definitely a sexual attraction. And I hoped that, that was all there was to it.

I sat quietly in the car for a few minutes before getting out. I frowned when I entered the kitchen, wondering what to eat. As I cooked my meal, I thought about how Harry would help with the cooking, and then insist on washing the dishes.

The boy was too sweet for his own good, and he was going to get hurt.

With memories of Harry came memories I wanted to forget. Instinctively, I touched my wrist. By now, all the scars had faded, physically. But the damage that was caused to my heart, I had grown to understand that, that bit was permanent. I could do nothing to stop it, except make sure it didn't repeat itself.