Chapter 28

For the past four days, all I ever did was sulk. And moan, and groan, and cry, and wail, and- I think you get the deal.

Harry had been completely ignoring me. Even when I went over, he was too nice to shut the door in my face, so he let me in and went straight to his room, completely ignoring me. He absolutely disregarded my presence.

It felt horrible.

The worst part of all this was his facial expression whenever he saw me. It was completely back to square one, and I swear I saw his lip quiver when he looked up at me.

He kept his bag on my seat in school throughout, and his fingers shook while he pulled his hoodie on tighter when I walked by. Whenever I called him, his eyes widened and a deep blush coated his cheek. He'd barely look up a second before his eyes would dart right back to his table, while he fidgeted nervously.

"Oh, for the love of God, Ami." Bianca's hand moved swiftly across my cheek. I groaned, clutching my cheek as I continued to stare at Harry from across the room.

I could only imagine my facial expression right now. Well, that's what I thought.

"Look at yourself, you look like a damn lost dog." Bianca practically screamed, showing me her phone which was on camera.

Man, I looked awful.

And I hoped Harry noticed.

Why was I always so extra? I mean, he would have told me eventually. Why couldn't I just wait it out?

I hated the effect my last relationships had left on me, because it gave me an entirely different outlook on the concept of love. And now, everything scared me. It all came down to me being fucking insecure.

I hated it.

I couldn't possibly lose Harry, definitely not over this. He was so full of life, and joy. He should be comforted and babied for everything wrong that has happened to him, not bullied and called names.

I absolutely hated it.

I couldn't help it when I was on my feet the instant Ross passed by Harry's table, ready to make a move. Ready to scream if it was necessary. Hell, I even clutched my table knife in hand in case someone decided to make the wrong move on him.

Surprisingly, Ross simply walked past him. And I couldn't help but wonder what the hell Harry had on him that could get him to leave him alone altogether.

Harry stood up with his tray, he'd barely eaten a thing, and placed it in the bin. He nodded at Liam, and when he turned the corner to leave the cafeteria, some guy shoved him.

Instantly, I was on my feet screaming,"Hey. Leave him alone."

The boy snickered, grabbing on to Harry's hoodie and pulling him closer, but when Liam and Louis walked towards with clenched fists, he seemed to lay off a bit.

"Dude, back off of him." Calvin shouted, and that was all it took for the guy to scramble away. I sighed, looking up at Harry to see him looking at me. But as soon as our eyes met, he looked down, brushing his baggy jeans lightly and rushing out of the room and away from the attention.

I sighed softly, sitting back in my seat. I had no idea how to fix it. I mean, I'd already had his mum get him a car. What else could I do? Buy him a house?

"Calvin," I breathed as I placed my hand on top of his,"Calvin, you have to help me." I whispered quietly. And, he gave me a sympathetic smile with a small nod, enough to tell me he was completely on board.

When I walked into my next class, my eyes automatically darted to my now usual seat, which I hadn't been in for the past few days.

I missed it.