Chapter 23

It took Scott a little over a week to recover enough to be discharged. According to the doctors, he'd done pretty well. They'd expected him to be there at least a month, judging from the severity of his condition.

I stood back, watching the exchange between the two. Harry and I were okay, having resolved our issues with Ellen's case. But as I stood there, I could feel the envy growing as I watched them.

I rolled my eyes as Scott and Harry broke into a laughing fit, struggling to fight against the smile that threatened to take over my face. Harry seemed even more comfortable with Scott than I'd ever seen him. I couldn't possibly be gladder to see how well Harry and Scott got along. It was weird even.

Scott had always been supportive of my relationships, but having taken the role as my father, he had a tendency towards overprotectiveness. But he seemed to get along with Harry even better than Calvin, and within the space of just a week, and by the way, majority of the time, he was unconscious.

"Okay. Let it out." Angela almost growled. She was the girl who called me to the hospital, apparently Scott's best friend. Cue the scoff. He looked at her like his life depended on her.

We all looked silently at Scott. He'd refused to tell anyone what had truly happened. He claimed a gang of men just randomly came up to him, threatening to kill him.

Everyone saw through his lie. It wasn't very difficult. My brother wasn't the best actor. He was sweating a river while he scratched the back of his neck, a stuttering mess who avoided each person's eye.

"Uh, maybe we should leave him to it." Harry scratched the back of his neck,"When he's okay with it, he'll let you guys know. I'm sure." Harry added, contradicting his own words with the look of uncertainty on his face.

Angela sighed from behind me, going to sit beside his bed and taking his hand in hers. They spoke in simple whispers, seeming to forget about everyone else in the room. I almost gagged at the sight of my brother, completely smitten with a girl.

Harry pulled on my hand and dragged me out of the room, nodding towards the two who would clearly be needing some privacy. Over the past week, Harry and I had grown incredibly close. He was with me everyday after school, whether it was to come see Scott or just to stay at home and chill.

Tutoring was going good as well, after I made some new rules. Each time I solved something correctly, I was rewarded with a sweet kiss from Harry. It was more than motivation to pay attention to his words, but each day, I found it even harder to keep my eyes of his pink lips as they formed slow words and would end up jumping on the poor boy and sucking his lips off.

"Where are we going?" I asked Harry as he pulled me down the hallway.

"C-c-coffee," He whispered softly, blushing and looking back down. How was it possible that this was the same guy talking and laughing with Scott minutes ago?

I hummed quietly, letting the shy boy pull me around. Scott was being discharged sometime today. I didn't even want to know what had really happened to him. In all honesty, I was too scared to even hear it. But, throughout the time spent here, Scott would tell me about how he had something he needed to tell me, and I just knew it was in relation to his beating.

I mumbled a small thanks and took the steaming cup from Harry, sipping lightly and slipping into the seat across from him. I watched fondly as Harry blew on the coffee, before slowly tilting it upwards to drink.

"Stop staring," He mumbled quietly without looking at me.

"That's a really difficult task, Harry." I blinked lightly,"You're so fucking intriguing."

The boy gulped down his coffee, looking at me for merely a second and turning away as red colored his cheeks. We sipped our coffee in silence, except for Harry's soft humming, only looking up once Scott and Angela came into our view. He'd gone off on the doctor when they brought him a wheel chair, screaming about how he wasn't pregnant. That's a true brother of mine, and I'm not even ashamed to say it.

"You're ready?" I asked.

"Yeah, lets go."

Harry gulped down the last bits of his coffee, getting up and walking behind them while I sat with furrowed brows. His step faltered, and his hand moved up to cover his face before he turned and walked back to me, eyes glued to the ground.

I chuckled, grabbing Harry's soft hand and pulling him out with me. I noticed Harry seemed to get lost in his humming a lot, forgetting everything else and doing his own stuff. Once he'd remember that I existed, he would blush fiercely and walk back shakily to me, mumbling a quiet sorry.

Harry scratched the back of his neck when we reached the car. Scott and Angela were trailing behind us since they'd stopped to speak with Zoe for a bit.

"What's wrong, Harry?" I asked, head tilted to the left as I watched his uneasy expression. His eyes darted between the passenger seat and the backseats, making me chuckle. He wasn't sure where to sit since he assumed my brother was coming with.

"It's just you and me, Harry."

"S-Scott." He mumbled.

"Angela brought her car today,"

"Oh," He nodded silently, still standing in front of the door with a confused look.

"Oh, come on Harry."

He raised his finger to me, gesturing for me to give him a second, and went up to speak with Scott for a bit. They laughed about something, before Scott patted his back and nodded towards me.

I smiled,"You and Scott really seem to get along."

Harry nodded wordlessly, blushing and looking away once I'd started the car.

"So, I was thinking Harry."

"And?"

"I want to take you out this Saturday,"

I looked at Harry to see him blushing,"Uh. Isn't that m-my job?"

My brows furrowed,"Let me rephrase. I want you to take me out this Saturday."

"Y-you're asking me to take you out o-on a d-date?" Harry's eyes were impossibly wide as he spoke, the green becoming lighter and lighter.

"Yes, I am."

"I haven't been to one of those before."

"It's not a problem, I can take the lead on this one. Once you get a hold of it, then you take over?" I asked.

"It's a date then," Harry whispered, and a beautiful smile graced his face as I kissed his cheek lightly.

"Oh fuck the hell off," I screamed at Scott and Angela who were honking behind me as we came to a stop at a red light.