Chapter 9

By now, people had stopped looking at me. But, it continued for Harry and seemed to worsen. I sprinted to the front of the hallway.

"Stop," I cried, trying desperately to pull Ross off of Harry. Harry's eyes widened, and he stared at me from his spot against the locker.

"Stay out of this, Ami." He growled,"You think you can get a lucky hit at me and go scot-free. Tomorrow, you and me. It's going down." With that, he released Harry, walking away with the crowd following closely behind. I almost rolled my eyes at the cliche, hurrying towards Harry.

"You alright?"

"I'm p-perfect," He mumbled with a blush as he fell into step with me.

"You're not pulling through with this, are you?"

Harry was quiet for a moment as we sat down, waiting for class,"If there's a crowd, I won't. But on the other hand, he isn't going to stop if he beats me up, I think."

I nodded, listening intently,"I know. You should get him alone today, beat him up, and that'll scare him off. He'll back down tomorrow, and then everything's done." Harry only stared at me, not seeming to be listening as his eyes examined my face.

When he noticed he'd been staring too long, and I wasn't speaking anymore, his eyes widened and he blushed. But I didn't let him look away, I gently grabbed his chin, pulling his face back to mine. His eyes roamed my face, lingering at my lips before continuing their survey.

He jerked away from me when the door opened, pushing his seat away from mine. My brows furrowed at him lightly, and I shook my head.

"Is this your new sitting place?" Harry asked with a hint of a smile.

"Is there a problem with that?" I smirked, leaning my head against my palm as I watched him. Instead of replying, he chuckled softly and shook his head.

Classes rolled past, and I found myself sitting beside Harry whenever we had a class together. Bianca seemed to be getting jealous, but this wouldn't happen if she was better company. During break, Harry and I glanced at each other, we shared occasional winks, well I did, making him blush and he snorted at me when I imitated his way of eating.

"I can't beat him up," Harry mumbled,"I don't want to be that person." And I instantly felt bad for my earlier suggestion. "What do I do?" I linked my hand with his as we walked to my car.

"It's okay, I'll just have Calvin stand up for you." I decided as I climbed into the car, grabbing on to his arm when he tripped.

"Your ex?" He asked, snorting at me.

"You knew about that?"

"Who didn't? You two couldn't keep your hands to yourself," Harry rolled his eyes as I started the car. I giggled quietly, fully aware of the truth to his statement.

"Amelia?"

"Yes, love?" I asked, making Harry blush lightly at the title.

"I'm sorry for going off on you yesterday, but really, what was up?" I bit my lip, looking away in embarrassment. I had acted extremely childishly and my behavior was just silly and much probably an overreaction.

"I was jealous. Cause that girl hugged you, I don't know. It was silly of me, I just-" I paused, letting out a breath,"I'm really embarrassed and sorry. I just didn't know why you reacted to her that way-" I rambled, but Harry cut me off.

"She told me she liked me," I froze.

"What?"

"She told me she liked me," He repeated, looking around the car. No, no. This wasn't how life worked. I was the only one who had the privilege of seeing Harry, so I was the only who could come out with such a conclusion.

What's worse? She liked him without seeing the Harry I saw, and she was okay with this. I knew if I hadn't seen Harry outside of all this, I would've most likely never taken notice of him as a guy.

I nodded stiffly, pulling up in front of my place. I got out, unlocking the door and letting Harry in first. He hummed quietly as he climbed up the stairs, reaching the top before realizing I was still at the bottom. Harry blushed, probably feeling as though he'd invaded my house and made me uncomfortable, but he only made me smile, and I chuckled lightly as I walked up to catch up with him. I slipped my hand into his, pulling him into my room and taking out my laptop. Harry grabbed some books as well, flipping pages.

"An attraction," I read out loud,"Bound yet separated." I whispered, taking out my book.

"I ordered Chinese earlier, is that okay?"

"N-no, I hate Chinese." Harry said with wide eyes, making mine widen as well. I knew I should have asked him if he was okay with it, I just thought everyone appreciated a bit of Chinese once in a while. I was pulled out of my thoughts by the sound of Harry chuckling.

"I'm joking, that's fine." I scowled, hitting Harry's arm lightly. "You can get over your panic attack, I love Chinese." I rolled my eyes at him, turning the TV on in the hall. I sat on the couch for two, looking expectantly at Harry. He swallowed, eyes darting around the room before fixing on me. And with a slight blush, he walked to me, sitting beside me with merely inches of space between us.

I smiled tightly at that, reaching foward to entwine our fingers together. Harry blushed, watching our fingers fixate themselves between each other and untangle once again. He blew out a soft breath, eyes watching me with an almost fearful gaze.

His eyes studied mine, bottom lip coming between his teeth. My eyes glanced to his lips, the lips that kissed perfectly with no experience whatsoever. Oh, the things I wanted to teach him. I wanted to show him what he could do, I wanted to destroy his innocence.

The forgotten movie played quietly in the background as we watched each other, eyes darting everywhere to catch every little detail. And as I sat there, I wondered, if this was but a sexual attraction or there was more to it. If his innocence attracted me, his unseen beauty, or it was his genuineness and heart.

I inched slowly towards him, eyes moving from his lips to eyes. I pushed his hoodie back, twirling his hairs between my fingers as his breathing quickened. I smiled softly, moving closer to his face, nearing my lips to his. Just as I swung my leg over his hips, the door barged open. I retracted faster than I ever thought I could, immediately in a standing position and ready to fight.

I lived here alone, it was a reasonable reaction. I let out a breath when Scott walked in. Harry's face was still flushed, but all the same, he stood in front of me defensively, jaw clenching at the unwanted guest, who I'm guessing he didn't know was my brother.

I grabbed his arm gently,"It's okay. It's just my brother." I said, sitting back down on the couch. I frowned when Harry scooted away from me, putting a reasonable amount of space between us.