Chapter 8

When I got to school, everyone looked at me weird. And I wondered why, I was used to attention, but not this type. They whispered about me, and I heard a phrase that had me rolling my eyes.

"Left with the nerd,"

I walked quickly to my class, not in the mood at all, and I found Harry sitting in his seat, head in his hands as he waited for the bell to be tolled. He was dressed like usual, hoodie and baggy jeans. I looked between him and the place I usually sat with Bianca, deciding I wasn't ready to put up with her shit about how I indeed left with Harry, to the only other person in class other than Harry and I.

I shot the girl a look, walking to Harry and pulling the chair out,"Is this seat taken?" I smiled, remembering the first time I'd spoken to him. He smiled back at me lightly, shaking his head quietly.

"What's wrong?" I asked, putting my bag down beside my feet.

"Everyone's talking about us," He groaned, and I found myself blushing weirdly at the word 'us',"You should have just let me be, Amelia."

His words struck me, and my brows furrowed,"Is that what you would have wanted? Think back to the rest of the day, would you have really wished I left you?" I asked, locking gazes with him. And, by his silence and clenched jaw, I could tell he didn't regret it.

"Why did I have to punch him?" He groaned, rubbing his eyes wildly.

"You had every right to, whatever he said about Gemma definitely struck a spot in you, so I'm guessing your reaction was absolutely justifiable." Harry looked at me and bit his lip. People filed into the class, still looking at us. I wondered what they thought of the weak nerd knocking the school's main bully out.

Our teacher walked in, managing to quiet down the chatter but not helping the lingering gazes. I rolled my eyes, taking out my books and beginning to take notes. Harry looked so concentrated, listening intently to the teaching with his lip pouted.

My eyes widened when he took out his phone, gesturing for me to put mine on silent. I did that, looking at him weirdly.

Harry: Why are you staring at me?

I smirked as I read it, he'd noticed.

Me: How did you see if you didn't look at me?

Harry glanced down at me, shaking his head lightly with a small smile.

Harry: I can literally feel your eyes burning into the side of my face through the fabric of my hoodie.

I giggled quietly, biting my lip when the teacher glared at me.

Me: Well, I'm sorry if you're much more intriguing than this lesson.

I could tell he blushed at that, looking up and ignoring my text. He elbowed me lightly, focusing his attention on the teacher. I sighed in relief when the bell went, grabbing my things to leave. I turned when I heard Harry gasp, looking to see a boy chuckle after having shoved Harry. I rolled my eyes as I went to help him gather his things from the ground, he pushed his glasses back, looking up at me and mumbling a thanks.

"No problem." I said, walking to my next class and waving at him. He blushed and returned the gesture shyly, turning away from me.

"You totally like him," Calvin chuckled, shoving me gently.

I rolled my eyes,"I just think he's cute." His brows raised, and he looked away, obviously wondering how I could find Harry cute. "Seriously, and he's fit as well." Calvin laughed, walking in front of me and out of the school.

"Sure," He mumbled, resulting in me flipping my middle finger at him. I sat in my car, texting Harry to tell him I was waiting for him. He walked out with a girl, blushing as he waved at her. She smiled and pulled him into a hug, beginning to walk way. My brows furrowed at them, excuse me.