Chapter 32

An absolute disaster, that's what it was. The couches in the living room were only out of place by a million. There were writings on the tv, what the actual hell? Flower vases had been thrown across the room, pieces of shattered glass littered my usually clean floor.

As I took a better look at the tv, I noticed the writings actually formed a message.

"Decided to pay you a little visit, Scott. Where are you off to now?" I read out loud. My heart was beating wildly out of my chest.

I gripped my phone tighter in my hands, bringing it up to my ear not long after. The void in my chest wasn't filled when his phone went straight to voicemail. I could almost feel my pulse plummeting.

After a few more failed calls, I rang Angela. I could only hope that she'd know where he was, what was up, who the hell did this to my house. I couldn't help but link this to his beating a while ago.

I huffed out a breath when I heard her soft voice on the other end of the line. I envied her calmness, because at the moment I was an utter mess.

"Do you know where Scott is?"

"Uhm, yeah. He's right here. What's up?"

I breathed out an extremely relieved sigh. He wasn't dead. Or maybe he was. Maybe, she was currently in front of him while he lay in a coffin. Oh. What if she was sitting beside him while he lay on a hospital bed fighting for his life.

What the fuck was I talking about? I spoke to the boy a day ago.

"Ami?"

"Right, right." I drew myself back to reality,"Could I speak with him, please?"

I heard shuffling on the other side, and then Scott's voice came through.

"Oh thank goodness you're okay. Where are you?"  The line was silent for a few seconds, and then I heard him harshly exhale.

"I'm pulling up to the house, what happened?"

I shut my eyes lightly, hanging up and going outside. I threw the car door open, wrapping my arms around a surprised Scott.

"Scott," I breathed,"Go take a look at what they did to our house." I let out a rugged breath. I heard him sharply inhale, and he took almost unsure steps towards the front door into the house. Angela followed behind him, and I watched as they peered in. Angela let out a soft gasp, eyes widening as they walked further inside.

"Decided to pay you a little visit, Scott. Where are you off to now?" Angela read quietly, her voice was audibly shaking.

"Scott, what is this about?" I breathed, watching warily as he repositioned one of the couches and collapsed on it.

"I tried to tell you after my," He paused with a cringe and sighed,"They're after me, Amelia. You should go. I don't want you getting involved."

"I should go?" I scowled,"Nice joke. Who is they? What do you they want from you? God, is this about street fighting?"

"It's about our family business, Amelia. They-" He paused,"They're trying to kill me so they can take over the family business."

My breath hitched in my throat,"How do you- how do you know about our family business?"

Scott sighed quietly,"We have an aunt, Mary. Our parents left the family business in my name before they died."

I smiled softly as I watched Harry dance around the kitchen. It wasn't a fake smile, but it definitely didn't reach my eyes. Ever since Harry told me about his past, he seemed to be opening up a bit more.